DB1100 wrote:Let me explain,Just say some one on your walk has complained that there is stuff missing from there mail,bank statements,Dvd's or anything really,I.B decide to do a few spot checks,postman A gets pulled up and his pouch gets checked which I.B can do anytime he's in the clear then they pull you up and find those "sorry for the damage bags" in your pouch,how can you convince them that you are not opening mail pocketing the goodies and then put it into a damaged goods bag,then hiding the stolen stuff to be collected later.P739's are obviously ok.Have you ever had any experiance with I'B ?
No never had experience (sic) with IB - probably because I'm a good, hard-working loyal 100% attendance postie who "does go the extra mile" now and again for some of my customers (and not just the elderly) - I could go on but the halo around my head is slipping
Can see where you're coming from - but I've nowt to hide ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Having dealt with service police, who have a similar function to the IB, its not the fact that you have nothing to hide, but that a reasonable suspicion can be deduced is the main concern. Many an innocent man has been convicted on flimsy evidence, and many a postie has been dismissed for nothing other than a "reasonable" cause, and that dismissal confirmed as such by an ET.
s**t happens to the innocent as well as the guilty and I would rather be considered paranoid and in a job, than the other option.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
IB do random spot checks among other things so it doesn't matter how 'good' you think you are if an Ib man suspects you after finding these bags you could end up sacked in no time.
whenevet I need a damage bag I take the item to cage and show it as evidence for need of the bag. I am only issued one bag at a time and for good reason.
check with your manager before taking any more out with you and have a witness or you could be setting yourself up for a big fall. if you got sacked for theft good luck getting a new job.
meercat wrote:IB do random spot checks among other things so it doesn't matter how 'good' you think you are if an Ib man suspects you after finding these bags you could end up sacked in no time.
whenevet I need a damage bag I take the item to cage and show it as evidence for need of the bag. I am only issued one bag at a time and for good reason.
check with your manager before taking any more out with you and have a witness or you could be setting yourself up for a big fall. if you got sacked for theft good luck getting a new job.
That is one take on the situation meercat but taken overall it used to be the job of a PHG now of course we are all OPG consequently there is no more authority in stamping and signing the tape or bag whomsoever does it. Just one point though, lets just say a postman is a little bit iffy and brings the item to the locker to be certified and as a locker man you sign and seal it...................whereas if the postman seals it himself he is responsible for it. Now we all know how many card type envelopes arrive at the DO "damaged".
RedBagMan wrote:Always carry "Sorry Bags" in my 'satchel' - you never know what these f/ters have thrown in
Absolutely mental. Carry nothing in your bag apart from letters, packets, specials, and spare delivery cards.
Crisp packets, bottles, bricks...
I'm a lot more carefull after dumping my bag down onto the ground in a close years ago forgetting there was a glass irn bru bottle in it. A sticky close floor and some damp mail resulted.