I am with you on this one, okay if you have a canteen there may be a case for taking it in work, but to me when you are outside for 4 hours or more I'd rather recharge my batteries on delivery in a proper cafe, rather than being forced to take a break after the least physically demanding part of the day.Redyam wrote:I never take my break in the office - I take it later during the delivery, when I'm tired and actually need a break.
I do support my canteen by getting sandwiches or cold drinks, but then I east them out on delivery as well.
I have to say that the CWU can be a bit inflexible on this as well as Royal Mail, but to my way of thinking as long as you DO take a break and it follows the rules then members should be treated as adults and left to do it their own way.
Of course the biggest drawback of this is that there will always be those who abuse the system and use it to finish early, or give grief to someone who wants to take a break- thats the people who should be brought to task.