ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbing.

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbing.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.yourthurrock.com/2012/12/08/ ... n-fobbing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A POSTMAN was hospitalised after being struck down by his own vehicle as it was stolen.

The attack happened at 10.00 am on Thursday morning on High Road, Fobbing.

The 31-year-old postie from Stanford-le-Hope was making xmas deliveries when a male jumped into the van and stole it.

The postman attempted to prevent the theft of his vehicle and in doing so was struck as the vehicle made off.

He suffered from severe bruising and was taken to hospital but was discharged soon after.

The van was recovered a short time afterwards in Howell Road, Corringham.

Any information should be passed to the Serious Crime Team at Grays police station on 101 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by NWpostie »

and he will have a P45 waiting for him.

yet another one bites the dust for leaving keys in the ignition :roll:
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by k979aaa »

Why do they do it I lock my van if I close the door and walk away from it never ever leave the key in it.
La Poste
Posts: 369
Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 12:46
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere or other.

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by La Poste »

It would be interesting to see what happens here, I would like to know the eventual outcome, if the Postie is sacked.
No I'm not being paranoid, they really are out to get me.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by RedBagMan »

Still trying to get my head around "Fobbing" ...

... and why oh why are there so many miserable - nay self-righteous bastards - on here - always so quick to say "bye bye" to a team member ...

Obviously they've NEVER done any "off the official line" themselves - too many "Peter f*cking Perfects" on here at times - and Merry effing Christmas to you all ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by k979aaa »

RedBagMan wrote:Still trying to get my head around "Fobbing" ...

... and why oh why are there so many miserable - nay self-righteous bastards - on here - always so quick to say "bye bye" to a team member ...

Obviously they've NEVER done any "off the official line" themselves - too many "Peter f*cking Perfects" on here at times - and Merry effing Christmas to you all ...
Why cut corners what the hell is the gain I cannot change what this man did or did not do I can only warn postmen/women what not to do!. Get off your high horse drink your milk and grow up!.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by DGP1 »

We've been told that if you leave your van running and it's stolen then you'll get sacked, if you get caught by IB doing the same thing then it's lucky that you don't end up with a 2 year suspended dismissal.............so why are people still doing it??

If it does happen then you can always say you were robbed for it and they forced you to give up the keys but I personally find it's best to avoid the situation all together by taking the keys out of the van when you leave the drivers seat.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

One of my members got van nicked

Keys in van running

I got him two year serious as opposed to the sack

:Very Happy
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by TeeferTiger »

We were all made to sign a van security procedures whatsit a few years ago. If I got the van stolen whilst on duty through negligence, I would expect to be sacked as it's a bloody stupid thing to do-RM are looking for much easier ways to get rid of people so why hand it them on a platter?!

I obviously hope he doesn't get sacked, but I'd be very surprised if he wasn't :sad:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by RedBagMan »

k979aaa wrote:Why cut corners what the hell is the gain I cannot change what this man did or did not do I can only warn postmen/women what not to do!. Get off your high horse drink your milk and grow up!.
I don't have a problem with warnings (i.e. not aimed at you !) - it's the throwaway comments like "P45 on Monday"/"another one bites the dust" etc etc that get my goat - shows a total lack of compassion with a fellow worker who probably knows damn well that he's now in the sh*t ...

I thought the "kick a man when he's down" attitude came from higher up (management/government) - not from fellow workers ...

Dismounts/drinks beer ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by DB1100 »

RedBagMan wrote:Still trying to get my head around "Fobbing" ...

... and why oh why are there so many miserable - nay self-righteous bastards - on here - always so quick to say "bye bye" to a team member ...

Obviously they've NEVER done any "off the official line" themselves - too many "Peter f*cking Perfects" on here at times - and Merry effing Christmas to you all ...
Thank f=-k,somebody else who thinks like me,half the people on here would grass there own mothers up,thank god I don't work with them.
For we were soldiers once,and young
La Poste
Posts: 369
Joined: 21 Sep 2009, 12:46
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere or other.

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by La Poste »

I think you will find that a lot of comments like bye bye Postie and another one bites the dust are not aimed at the Postman, it's sarcasm aimed at Royal mail itself and the general attitude of the business towards the people working within it.
No I'm not being paranoid, they really are out to get me.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by DGP1 »

DB1100 wrote:
RedBagMan wrote:Still trying to get my head around "Fobbing" ...

... and why oh why are there so many miserable - nay self-righteous bastards - on here - always so quick to say "bye bye" to a team member ...

Obviously they've NEVER done any "off the official line" themselves - too many "Peter f*cking Perfects" on here at times - and Merry effing Christmas to you all ...
Thank f=-k,somebody else who thinks like me,half the people on here would grass there own mothers up,thank god I don't work with them.
OK, RM is doing it's best to remove staff as cheaply as possible and having your van stolen is the surest way to get the sack these day, I'm just really disappointed that people could still do leave their engines running while they are delivering to a house, even with all the warnings that have been given. :sad:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by bunkerland »

DGP1 wrote:We've been told that if you leave your van running and it's stolen then you'll get sacked, if you get caught by IB doing the same thing then it's lucky that you don't end up with a 2 year suspended dismissal.............so why are people still doing it??
Same with leaving packets in bins,lost count of how many final warning briefings i've heard about this but still....... :sad:
I guess it's just human nature to think it's not going to happen to you.

I'm sure a lot of these cases are probably because the postie feels pressurized for time or harassed through being busy,but it's still not worth giving some egotistical manager the chance to sack you.And no,i'm certainly not perfect but i like to think i learn from my mistakes and hearing about the mistakes of others.

PS-Hope the postie involved keeps his job,i'd be gutted to lose mine,even if i do complain about it sometimes/often.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postman in hospital after struck by his own van in Fobbi

Post by NWpostie »

RedBagMan wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Why cut corners what the hell is the gain I cannot change what this man did or did not do I can only warn postmen/women what not to do!. Get off your high horse drink your milk and grow up!.
I don't have a problem with warnings (i.e. not aimed at you !) - it's the throwaway comments like "P45 on Monday"/"another one bites the dust" etc etc that get my goat - shows a total lack of compassion with a fellow worker who probably knows damn well that he's now in the sh*t ...

I thought the "kick a man when he's down" attitude came from higher up (management/government) - not from fellow workers ...

Dismounts/drinks beer ...

I think you will find that these comment is more directed at RM's own procedures that doesn't take any prisoners these days, leaving the keys in the ignition and having the van stolen is virtually guaranteed you a sacking, I would not want him sacked, that said he is the architect of his own misfortune he like many drivers will have been warned often enough but to go ahead and do it in spite of warning beggars belief, he is paying the price of not thinking of his job first.

There is every chance he will have P45 waiting for him, unless he has done something exceptional in the past or is under stress that may be a mitigating circumstances, it would have to be a bloody good one.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.