ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hand Cream

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Vespacol
Posts: 33
Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Kettering

Re: Hand Cream

Post by Vespacol »

fishtank wrote:This hand cream stuff seems all very modern to me.
My hands are...hands.
I don't pay very much attention to them. :neutral:
Ditto , girls use hand cream , mine are my tools :dance
Last edited by Vespacol on 07 Dec 2012, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Work hard and do your best get the sack like all the rest !
Nobodyshero
Posts: 83
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by Nobodyshero »

I steal my daughter's nivea hand cream it seems to work well enough
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by meercat »

In my experience THE most effective barrier and moistureizer is 100% Petroleum Jelly - also sold as Vaseline.

All the other moistureizers contain water and scents which bulk-out the product leaving less oily substance to actually moisturize.

The key thing is to apply it several times per day especially after washing your hands as this is when they will dry out and tiny cracks will open up which lead to cuts. Keep some in a tiny container in your pocket so you can rub some in throughout the day.

If regular application isn't effective enough get a pair of gloves, put a huge amount of PJ on your hands and put the gloves on overnight. This will give you a deep moisturising session. You can take such gloves around shopping/at work and each time you put them on they will moisturize your hands!!! This is also why burglars never have cracked or chapped hands.

:neutral:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by dvbuk55 »

I had never had any problems with cracked skin when on deliveries but since I've got older these last couple of years I tend to get a crack on my thumb and I just usually fill the crack with sudocreme and it goes away...........strange thing is it's just the one thumb. :hmmmm
k3nnyboy
Posts: 8
Joined: 06 Jun 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by k3nnyboy »

At this time of year I don't think anything really works but neutrogena norwegian formula definitely helps. I also use dermashield (http://www.dermashield.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
not cheap but if it works for you, you can get it on prescription.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Hand Cream

Post by DB1100 »

dvbuk55 wrote:I had never had any problems with cracked skin when on deliveries but since I've got older these last couple of years I tend to get a crack on my thumb and I just usually fill the crack with sudocreme and it goes away...........strange thing is it's just the one thumb. :hmmmm
Just get some microporous tape out of the first aid box and tape round the top of your thumb,works very well for the splits round the nails,no need to bother with those pansy cream products.
For we were soldiers once,and young
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by dvbuk55 »

DB1100 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I had never had any problems with cracked skin when on deliveries but since I've got older these last couple of years I tend to get a crack on my thumb and I just usually fill the crack with sudocreme and it goes away...........strange thing is it's just the one thumb. :hmmmm
Just get some microporous tape out of the first aid box and tape round the top of your thumb,works very well for the splits round the nails,no need to bother with those pansy cream products.
But I like those pansy hand creams :oops: :whistle and they are soooooo versatile. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
bydand91
Posts: 69
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:57
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Hand Cream

Post by bydand91 »

Hemp hand cream from the body shop is great,I have been using it for years :Very Happy
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by spoodoo »

Just wear marigolds on delivery ,great help and looks cool too
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Hand Cream

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:Only a few weeks into the winter and the skin on my hands is f****d. Anyone else having the same trouble? I'm using E45 but it does'nt appear to be working too good.

No smutty answers DGP
:nervous As if I would..............personally, I use this
Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Only a few weeks into the winter and the skin on my hands is f****d. Anyone else having the same trouble? I'm using E45 but it does'nt appear to be working too good.

No smutty answers DGP
:nervous As if I would..............personally, I use this
Image
:shock: and on your hands?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Hand Cream

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Only a few weeks into the winter and the skin on my hands is f****d. Anyone else having the same trouble? I'm using E45 but it does'nt appear to be working too good.

No smutty answers DGP
:nervous As if I would..............personally, I use this
Image
:shock: and on your hands?
:whistle :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Orinoko
Posts: 15
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by Orinoko »

shepherdess wrote:check your office hasnt changed the elastic bands a lot of people are reporting problems with allergic reactions
That's interesting because we used to use those rubbish red bands that kept breaking after a couple of uses, then we strated getting beige ones that hardly broke at all. Just recently though we've found the latest batch of beige ones are breaking as frequently as the old red ones so they must be the dodgy new ones.
My hands are drying and and I'm getting painful cracking too. Maybe it's the bands or could just be down to the recent cold weather, or maybe its a combination of the two. Another factor could be the chemicals used to recycle paper for envelopes.
Will try hand cream and fingerless gloves.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Hand Cream

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I like the way the adverts on the top of these pages change with the topic being discussed. I'm waiting for a hand cream advert to pop up any minute or maybe a lubricant ad? :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Hand Cream

Post by dvbuk55 »

5plusbonusball wrote:I like the way the adverts on the top of these pages change with the topic being discussed. I'm waiting for a hand cream advert to pop up any minute or maybe a lubricant ad? :Very Happy
Spanking!........................I'm waitinggggggggggggggggggg