ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dudley D.O. announce intention to Ballot for Action

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: Dudley D.O. announce intention to Ballot for Action

Post by ashadd »

DB1100 wrote:
sgt,rock wrote:
ashadd wrote:
chickenwittle wrote:just work to rule and do your hours,i dont intend to strike any time soon.
Its not called working to rule, its called " doing the job properly" no one has ever been sacked for doing the job properly. :Very Happy
Can you be sure of that? They just call you slow, say you can't do the job to a satisfactory standard. A lot of 'managers' have never done the job. A lot of linos were hopeless. Now they have a bit of power, its a worry.
Your right,I have performance issue's according to RM speak.
Think about it, you never had any performance issues prior to the revision , but suddenly, everyone has, even me, :crazy:
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Dudley D.O. announce intention to Ballot for Action

Post by borgpicard »

:nana :nana :nana :nana hear hear
pants123 wrote:all out, national strike, enough is enough... people are not machines, management are complete retards..
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Dudley D.O. announce intention to Ballot for Action

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pants123 wrote:all out, national strike, enough is enough... people are not machines, management are complete retards..
I think a national strike is a long shot, but I think a head of steam is building - meanwhile Nero is worrying about DSA :shhhhh :shhhhh

I don't think RM see us a machines, I think they see us more as numbers on a spreadsheet and honestly don't even consider the impact of the changes on the ground.

As to management being retards - I think the opposite actually I think there are some very intelligent managers especially at senior level, they certainly seem to play the Union when it suits them, its just that they are still stuck in the Macho era of the 70s, making the lower level managers too scared to stand up to them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
haddie
Posts: 143
Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 09:05
Gender: Male

Re: Dudley D.O. announce intention to Ballot for Action

Post by haddie »

work your hours and take your breaks. what could be simpler. although I know some managers like to get posties on their own and harass them and it can be this isolation that causes issues. at our office we have started taking breaks and it does eat into delivery. it is up to each postie to let manager know in good time if they are having probs with their walk. we have shared vans and having full break means we have to leave our parcels and some packets behind.

only two weeks ago one postie was getting some harassment and as his rep told the manager it was being seen as such. dom soon changed his tune and was all pally with the postie again. mention harassment to a manager and it soon works