ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
dog bite,lost finger
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
If I lost a finger. I'd be speaking to a solicitor.
-
Fantomas
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 17:07
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
Really do appreciate all these replies,am sure it will help just knowing others have the same issue,cheers all
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
Yes. I've had some nasty bites from dogs that have managed to get the ends of my fingers.
It's not nice having to walk around with blood dripping from your fingers.
I never push my fingers thru the slot anymore. The flip side is I get customers complaining that there mail didn't fall on their door mat.
Words cannot adequately describe how I feel about these types of customers.
It's not nice having to walk around with blood dripping from your fingers.
I never push my fingers thru the slot anymore. The flip side is I get customers complaining that there mail didn't fall on their door mat.
Words cannot adequately describe how I feel about these types of customers.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3292
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
absolute rubbish labour counciller in west scot charged and sued persons when he lost part of finger while posting own leaflet through letterbox. sue sue sue if they have pet care make claim against that . do not give up on the putting finger or hand through crap it wasn,t the letterbox that bit you . you can also make claim with dhss as well and fill in accident forms with them as wellnoggin1969 wrote:Unfortunately if she placed her fingers through the letterbox there is no claim against the dog owners , there may be a slim chance because there was no mention of it in the walk log and she had not been given a post peg against RM but i'm sure they'll say the same she was at fault. Not much chance of a "sorry" from management as this could be taken as an admittance of guilt.
-
Jynxx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 198
- Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
It really annoys me with how this company treats its staff and its contradictory H&S vrs rules, don't put fingers in letter boxes/mail must be pushed through the door not left hanging out(don't get me started on pegs from day one i shown the management how useless they are as always not interested) Use your trolleys, del to neighbour, be safe vrs unrealistic duty sizes, p&l...ypur always told one thing then contradicted with the next, bully boy management etc. All I've seen over the past few years is one after the other hair brained scheme by upper management for get out clauses and the blame on the employee, makes me sick ....Sorry to hear about your colleague =/
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: dog bite,lost finger
no lie, a dog nipped my finger through a letter box...blood everywhere...i got so annoyed i wiped the blood all over the letters and up the persons door...some people cant control their dogs...my dogs dont fly head first at the letter box and tear mail to shreds...the owners are to blame...
Toon Army!
-
Smf80
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 06 Aug 2012, 13:00
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
Agreed. There are a few on my Saturday walk that rip the post to shreds the moment it goes through the door. There's one where the dog, (not sure of the breed but it's huge) can get hits mouth out of the letterbox! (also huge). Always tend to keep a few extra d2ds with me in my bag for the houses I know are hazards. If you have a dog that goes for the door, or postie, I think It should be law to put a box behind the door or on the front of the house. Or at least it's common sense...BrokenFlowers wrote:no lie, a dog nipped my finger through a letter box...blood everywhere...i got so annoyed i wiped the blood all over the letters and up the persons door...some people cant control their dogs...my dogs dont fly head first at the letter box and tear mail to shreds...the owners are to blame...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: dog bite,lost finger
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=27658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Karma
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: dog bite,lost finger
Glad don't have these 2 on my delivery

or


or

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: dog bite,lost finger
It is annoying when you got one small thin envelope to push through stiff letter box especially when there is dogs. I mean a brochure is ok.
-
Richard007
- Posts: 84
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
I have tried to use the stupid peg thing
it's junk so I roll letters up and bang em through seems to work better than using my fingers or peg 
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: dog bite,lost finger
Get a catalogue, open flap and rest leading edge on the lip. When the dog jumps up smack it with the palm of your hand as hard as possible.
Listen for whimpering.
Listen for whimpering.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
put tabasco sauce on the end of the letter 
-
BettySwollocks
- Posts: 346
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12
Re: dog bite,lost finger
or use an 8" length of carpet gripper
dog's seem to tire of chewing on a nail infested piece of wood quite quickly
dog's seem to tire of chewing on a nail infested piece of wood quite quickly
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: dog bite,lost finger
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Glad don't have these 2 on my delivery
or
So,it's the posties own fault for getting bitten when they put their hand through the letterbox