ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Pouch - pre DM
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
slave
Posts: 433
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
Location: North West

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by slave »

Bit of both, purely due to terrain and not being able to use trolley all the time.

As for Yan - is he for real - packets in pockets? Should be a conduct issue if you ask me. We have idiots in our office that do just that, purely to avoid using a trolley, they always finish early and have helped drop us in the s**t with lapsing/absorption/piss-taking-money-saving/whatever else you wish to call it.
Royal Mail/CWU need to start, JOINTLY, telling people to use the equipement provided, otherwise thay have just thrown a shed load of money down the pan.
Yeah, just like CWU told people to not use cars and do the job properly, worked a treat that one, there will alwyas be w*****s that want to run around and finish early, even when they get a lapse they still do it, fuckwits! About time any early finishers were made to clean the f***ing bogs, sweep the floors, polish the frames or anything to make them work their hours whilst us normal people do the job properly...
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by Straight4ward »

Do you use a trolley or a douche bag? WHAT?

That's no way to refer to your P&L partner, have some respect.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Straight4ward wrote:Do you use a trolley or a douche bag? WHAT?

That's no way to refer to your P&L partner, have some respect.
:chuckle :chuckle naughty boy
Jim338
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:01
Gender: Male

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by Jim338 »

Trolley on all but one of my loops. Even with trolley struggle with packets as both sides panniers carry mail.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by nickbsmooth »

Pouch always trolley is unsafe for my round as area is high risk.I was told if pouch is 8kg or less i am not obliged to use a trolley although this is a grey area and the rules seem to change on a daily basis.
boristhespider82
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Jan 2014, 12:44
Gender: Male

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by boristhespider82 »

pouch bag I drop trolly guy off then his bags. I loop 7 bags (30-45 min span) from van (moving 3 times) then deliver big packets / tracked for both walks. delivery comes in 3hr 30 to 4hr depending on packets. guy I work with stays on his walk so he just leaves pda in last box. nice little setup
DrFunkee
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Apr 2014, 16:50
Gender: Female

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by DrFunkee »

I'm 4 weeks into my job delivering mail, on a temp contact. I would like to use a trolley when the pouch bag is too heavy for me ( over about 14 Kg) but have found, to my cost, that when the driver wants to finish 'on time or early' that I'm told the route is not suitable for a trolley. This resulted in me pulling the muscles in my rib's :sad: on my second week . As I'm new to the job its tricky sticking to my guns, what can you do?
I have ended up with drivers telling me, if I use a trolley and it makes me slower than them, they will leave me on my walk and go back to the sorting office :thumbdown. Or that if we dont finish on time, due to me using a trolley and they need to finish by 2.30, we will have to take post back and the Manager will go mad.

Other than being in agony I love the job :crazy:
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Do you use a trolley or pouch bag?

Post by Barbel »

If I'm on a big loop I always use a trolley. :Very Happy