ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Told by PHG to doortep parcels

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Told by PHG to doortep parcels

Post by wacko74 »

olilew wrote:
noggin1969 wrote:A bit off thread , but has anybody else notice the new trend of customers sticking a note on the door requesting you to phone them about the delivery of items :roll:
yes i'll do that when RM provide us with a fone!
Yes I have noticed an increase in notes on doors and no I still wouldn't do it even if I did have a RM phone... its not built into duty times to be stood around phoning customers up, then waiting for them to come and get it off you or delivering the pkt to an alternate address. Anyway one of the few pleasures I still get from this job is turning up back at the office with a couple of sacks full of note-left pkts for the poor overworked locker staff to deal with!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Told by PHG to doortep parcels

Post by eastie »

most wednesdays and thursdays we regularly on our P/L round bring back 3 sacks of docketted parcels and packets.
DOM questions it sometimes that we seem to bring back more than other duties (subtle way of trying to get me to get rid of a few more by other means if you know what I mean). I just tell him I do it by the book and if he wants me to do it another way for him to put it in writing
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Told by PHG to doortep parcels

Post by wookie »

Don't do it, if a problem arises it will be YOU who will get the blame.