ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bristol vote for strike action
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Controversial post alert...
Well this is an embarrassment for the branch and their officials who obviously have no clout.
Well this is an embarrassment for the DIV's who obviously have no clout and couldn't back up the branch.
Well this is an embarrassment for the toothless outdoor agreement waving department (hello uncle) who 'obviously' have no clout to back the DIV's to back the branch.
Well this is an embarrassment for Dave Ward who 'obviously' has not clout to back the agreement waving dude,to back the DIV's to back the branch.....
....to back the poor sods on the shop floor.
But never mind Bristol Kev got it on the front page of the CWU site....again,so all is good.
Well this is an embarrassment for the branch and their officials who obviously have no clout.
Well this is an embarrassment for the DIV's who obviously have no clout and couldn't back up the branch.
Well this is an embarrassment for the toothless outdoor agreement waving department (hello uncle) who 'obviously' have no clout to back the DIV's to back the branch.
Well this is an embarrassment for Dave Ward who 'obviously' has not clout to back the agreement waving dude,to back the DIV's to back the branch.....
....to back the poor sods on the shop floor.
But never mind Bristol Kev got it on the front page of the CWU site....again,so all is good.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
These problems have been going on since day 1 and the CWU ignored them thinking that they would be sorted locally, that RM would abide by the agreement, despite the previous history. It speaks volumes that in almost 3 years less than 50% of delivery offices have had revisions and you would think that the CWU would have been asking questions about the failures and the slow uptake but instead we got a shedload of "Joint Statements" lending credence to the whole shambles.
-
Ahebban
- Posts: 695
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: Left of ... Left
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
As Fishtank pointed out, Bristol is not asking you to join them, officially or otherwise. Nevertheless, it would be good for morale if Branches send messages of support for their stand at the very least.
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
-
postietaz
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 23 Sep 2009, 20:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
bristol light the fire

-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
The revision for delivery office are a huge mistake, this 2 in a van has got to be the worse kind of working ever thought up by royal mail and cwu agreeing to this shite is a joke.
It's daily cut offs for us even after 10 months.
It's daily cut offs for us even after 10 months.
CUT OFF!!!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
smilesy mate sorry if you thinks am in the wrong but been here before in our area went out on strike and only 3 offices out off 31 could be arsed to walk with us .smileski wrote:Blimey! Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with maisey!
Full support to the bristol comrades.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
good luck bristolAhebban wrote:As Fishtank pointed out, Bristol is not asking you to join them, officially or otherwise. Nevertheless, it would be good for morale if Branches send messages of support for their stand at the very least.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
I had to have a bit of a wry smile at the letter from bob gibson today where he said that revisions had been going on for the last twelve months
I think he meant that revisions had been going on for 2 and a half years and they chose to ignore the bullying and harassment for the first 18 months.
I sincerely hope Bristol achieve a milestone in dealing with this problem and any resulting agreement is applied across the board. Sadly I believe that like the Met in ethnic matters, Royal Mail managers have exactly the same problem with B&H.
I sincerely hope Bristol achieve a milestone in dealing with this problem and any resulting agreement is applied across the board. Sadly I believe that like the Met in ethnic matters, Royal Mail managers have exactly the same problem with B&H.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
cant wait till i retire 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
I haven't thought that and I must admit I hadn't given it much if any consideration before I was 65.maisymoo04 wrote:cant wait till i retire
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Bristol- top guys with a backbone, shame some other branches are not showing the same leadership!
Times like these come around in History, our time is now! This is the start (In my opinion) to major industrial unrest with Royal mail.
Although I have not been happy with all that has been done within the CWU in the last 3 years, I will show my full support, I hope members see that the situation would be a hell of a lot worse without the CWU and if we don't stick together over the next 12 months things will only get unbearable.
WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As Harry Hill would say FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dcfo :ncfo :vcfo
Times like these come around in History, our time is now! This is the start (In my opinion) to major industrial unrest with Royal mail.
Although I have not been happy with all that has been done within the CWU in the last 3 years, I will show my full support, I hope members see that the situation would be a hell of a lot worse without the CWU and if we don't stick together over the next 12 months things will only get unbearable.
WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As Harry Hill would say FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dcfo :ncfo :vcfo
-
venom
- Posts: 201
- Joined: 03 Nov 2009, 17:25
- Gender: Male
- Location: leaving in half a walk and working to time
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
dont expect much we had a walk out(for about an hour) over bullying(lots of forms gone in ) we were told that someone would come and see us . a woman turned up form hr said she would see it through till we were happy. she been once since and sided with the managers it was like she was him (our dim) .she has never been seen since even after staff had tried to contact her .k60mex wrote:Dumfries Do in Dumfries & Galloway Scotland is going through similar problems . A team from HR are descending on the unit next week with a view to improve relations , management and performance.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
dv av got another 25 years to start thinkin so sayin that made me feel like i was getting near to itdvbuk55 wrote:I haven't thought that and I must admit I hadn't given it much if any consideration before I was 65.maisymoo04 wrote:cant wait till i retire
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
just thinkin aswell wich isnt to hard
no this bullying and harassment help desk number on the back off the royal mail wage slip wouldnt u think after all these years something shud of been done about managers doin this but you dont hear nothin do you

"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Bristol vote for strike action
Well 25 years is probably a bit premature maisy I hadn't started at Royal Mail 25 years ago. I can't really say why I hadn't considered retirement, there are a number of reasons I suppose, had a son when I was 36 and he's 30 next birthday, so when most dads were taking their sons for a pint I was taking my son to primary school, my wife is ten years younger than me and I have never really thought of myself as old, though everyone else doesmaisymoo04 wrote:dv av got another 25 years to start thinkin so sayin that made me feel like i was getting near to itdvbuk55 wrote:I haven't thought that and I must admit I hadn't given it much if any consideration before I was 65.maisymoo04 wrote:cant wait till i retire![]()