ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail backing Movember
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail backing Movember
http://www.stornowaygazette.co.uk/news/ ... -1-2576501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail is backing Movember to raise money for prostate cancer – in support of its charity partner, Prostate Cancer UK.
The company is encouraging colleagues among its Western Isles workforce to grow a Mo (moustache), or sponsor colleagues who do so and undertake a variety of fundraising activities. All money raised by staff in the region will be matched by the Royal Mail.
Royal Mail’s support for Movember was launched by Neil Stuke from BBC1’s hit drama ‘Silk’. The new nationwide postmark (pictured) will be applied to all postmarked letters for two weeks from October 15, and for two weeks in November.
Neil Stuke - who has a close friend and colleague affected by prostate cancer and who plays a character with the disease in Silk - decided to support the charity and has agreed to grow a Mo during Movember (the month formerly known as November).
Neil said: “Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, killing one man every hour. I am showing my support by growing a Mo and supporting Movember, Prostate Cancer UK and the Royal Mail in their determination to raise awareness and funds to tackle the disease.
“I would encourage men all over the country to get involved and grow a Mo to help change the face of men’s health.”
Prostate Cancer UK was chosen as Royal Mail’s main charity partner after a vote by staff earlier this year.
Gerry O’Rourke, Royal Mail’s Regional Operations Director said: “We have a proud history of charitable fundraising at Royal Mail – in fact, we’re Guinness World Record Holders thanks to the generosity of our people.
“So I am very confident that we will continue that tradition by raising funds for this very worthy cause during Movember and in the year ahead.”
Royal Mail is backing Movember to raise money for prostate cancer – in support of its charity partner, Prostate Cancer UK.
The company is encouraging colleagues among its Western Isles workforce to grow a Mo (moustache), or sponsor colleagues who do so and undertake a variety of fundraising activities. All money raised by staff in the region will be matched by the Royal Mail.
Royal Mail’s support for Movember was launched by Neil Stuke from BBC1’s hit drama ‘Silk’. The new nationwide postmark (pictured) will be applied to all postmarked letters for two weeks from October 15, and for two weeks in November.
Neil Stuke - who has a close friend and colleague affected by prostate cancer and who plays a character with the disease in Silk - decided to support the charity and has agreed to grow a Mo during Movember (the month formerly known as November).
Neil said: “Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, killing one man every hour. I am showing my support by growing a Mo and supporting Movember, Prostate Cancer UK and the Royal Mail in their determination to raise awareness and funds to tackle the disease.
“I would encourage men all over the country to get involved and grow a Mo to help change the face of men’s health.”
Prostate Cancer UK was chosen as Royal Mail’s main charity partner after a vote by staff earlier this year.
Gerry O’Rourke, Royal Mail’s Regional Operations Director said: “We have a proud history of charitable fundraising at Royal Mail – in fact, we’re Guinness World Record Holders thanks to the generosity of our people.
“So I am very confident that we will continue that tradition by raising funds for this very worthy cause during Movember and in the year ahead.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
Now, which one should I grow??


I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
When perusing your choices, i never got past 'porn star' ..... 
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
i've heard all the managers are having the Hitler look.Even Moya.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
It's a shame after all the time and money spent on promotion that the company can't even organise their own website correctly. I signed up days ago and yet have heard nothing back and it won't let me register again.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
O M G I am SICK of this bloody tache, itchy, sticky and I look like a cross between James Hetfield and a Victorian gent or a twat.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
............. and you're femaleSidley wrote:O M G I am SICK of this bloody tache, itchy, sticky and I look like a cross between James Hetfield and a Victorian gent or a twat.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
silly suffolk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 728
- Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
- Gender: Male
- Location: deepest suffolk
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
i know its for a could cause and all that but am i the only one who gets pissed off with this annual event? giving to charity is an admirable thing, but isn't it nice to be incognito when being charitable?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
Couldn't agree more, poppies, movember, children in need, I've always been one for giving my time or money to charity incognito and avoid all the big ones.silly suffolk wrote:i know its for a could cause and all that but am i the only one who gets pissed off with this annual event? giving to charity is an admirable thing, but isn't it nice to be incognito when being charitable?
With all of us working harder making Royal Mail profitable and at a time that they keep running out of rubber bands and mail bags and won't replace clapped out old vans it's strange that they can afford to match money raised for Movember pound for pound.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
Didn't say where it was being grownPinky 1 wrote:............. and you're femaleSidley wrote:O M G I am SICK of this bloody tache, itchy, sticky and I look like a cross between James Hetfield and a Victorian gent or a twat.![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
HRT has some interesting side effects.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
This movember is getting everywhere, even the nana has got into it.


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
Bloody pointless exercise for me anyway ... 19 days ... and this ????


"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
FairyFoot
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
Scary! Perhaps it'll look better at the end of the month....
OH had a go but it didn't quite work out... Will donate to a cancer charity instead.
OH had a go but it didn't quite work out... Will donate to a cancer charity instead.
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Royal Mail backing Movember
Bearded Clam?RedBagMan wrote:Bloody pointless exercise for me anyway ... 19 days ... and this ????
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.