ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Future has arrived by post, and it’s full of junk

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by NWpostie »

Doesn't bother me, I have my working hours and I do them within those times not a minute more, it doesn't really matter how much they shove on me, I still cut off at my finishing time.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
delboy1969
Posts: 95
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by delboy1969 »

WornOutPosty wrote:
eastie wrote:because I push them through when I deliver the letters they automatically think its the postman that has delivered them
I let them fall to the floor and blow away, sod posting them for the lazy toads! If they can't be bothered to push them through that's their hard luck.
Good not just me then, really irritates me non RM people delivering junk cannot be bothered to put them right through the door. I really think the D2D issue needs to be addressed. Whilst I understand its a great money spinner for the company, its getting to the stage where it is becoming nigh on impossible to put them in the frame and deliver them in the allocated time span. In our office we are allocated 21 mins to put in 6 items, takes me double that! Depends on the round as well, we have some ridiculously huge rounds in our office.

I think if there is four and more RM should pay someone to put them in A4 envelopes for easier sorting and delivery, someone at our office did say that RM were going to do this but no sign of it yet and doubt it will happen. I also hate when I mopping up the D2D's on a Friday and see the customer and have to hand them over a load of junk, I find it embarrassing!!!

Bout time Ms Greene went out on deliveries herself methinks and do some prepping as well whilst she is at it :crazy:
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by POSTMAN »

its getting to the stage where it is becoming nigh on impossible to put them in the frame and deliver them in the allocated time span.
:nana
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by eastie »

I dont bother putting D2D's in the frame anymore because with double slots it fills the slot up so much that you cannot put any mail in afterwards plus there is the chance that mail gets caught up in the D2D's and gets thrown by customers. Plus it makes the divider squash each side causing the houses slots either side to be smaller.
What I do is bundle them up separately in 10's or 20's depending on how big and bulky they are and put them at the back of a bundle. It saves having to throw them off in the frame and saves time on throwing off into full slots.
I can't for the life of me see the logic of throwing off D2D's into your frame before you have thrown any letters in.
Britvic55
Posts: 216
Joined: 02 Nov 2011, 11:36
Gender: Female

Re: The Future has arrived by post, and it’s full of junk

Post by Britvic55 »

BUT, the original sender will refuse it, so no surcharge will be paid.....
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

eastie wrote:sorry pasted wrong one, it should have been the one from yesterday.
Here it is
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -junk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merged with existing thread
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by justdeno »

eastie wrote:What about all the arsesylum seekers who round our way deliver charity bags and pizza and kebab leaflets daily , but because I push them through when I deliver the letters they automatically think its the postman that has delivered them
Had a problem few years back. Scrap mans wife was delivering leaflets, could not cope with pushing the papers in the box, I was following, every house her leaflet fell out of the box. :dance Well I'm not paid by him and let them fall on the floor :nana :nana He then tried to threaten me with picking them up( if you know me you don't mess) lets just say they stayed on the floor in the rain :Very Happy
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: The Future has arrived by post, and it’s full of junk

Post by justdeno »

Also we have never had any time alowed for the collation of the D2D's, and when our frames have whole roads in a single slot we have no hope. I don't care I just take them out and give the D2D's to peeps I don't like. :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16702
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by clashcityrocker »

delboy1969 wrote: Good not just me then, really irritates me non RM people delivering junk cannot be bothered to put them right through the door
I have always been told that the terms of their licence means they are not allowed to put their leaflet right the way through the letterbox.
They don't all do it for no reason. They do it because it would be illegal to do otherwise.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16702
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: The Future has arrived by post, and it’s full of junk

Post by clashcityrocker »

justdeno wrote: I don't care. I just give the D2D's to peeps I don't like. :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
You give them all to the DOM?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: The Future has arrived by post, and it’s full of junk

Post by justdeno »

clashcityrocker wrote:
justdeno wrote: I don't care. I just give the D2D's to peeps I don't like. :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
You give them all to the DOM?
Never give me an idea :Very Happy
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Moya wants us to deliver more Junkmail

Post by andy2007 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
delboy1969 wrote: Good not just me then, really irritates me non RM people delivering junk cannot be bothered to put them right through the door
I have always been told that the terms of their licence means they are not allowed to put their leaflet right the way through the letterbox.
They don't all do it for no reason. They do it because it would be illegal to do otherwise.
Then they should deliver them in the evening, then they won't be in the way.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
FairyFoot
Posts: 78
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
Gender: Female

Re: The Future has arrived by post, and it’s full of junk

Post by FairyFoot »

Thanks to a couple of projects I am part of, I receive more nice mail than junk! I have to send nice mail too, and have been over-feeding the postbox the last few days, keeping wherever North Wales outgoing post goes to, and wherever airmail things go to- busy! (I timed one item of post - postie van collected it from my corner of Wales and it arrived within 36 hours in Poland)
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.