http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news ... n/?ref=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A CHARITY football game in memory of a much-loved Bridgwater postman and carnivalite has raised more than £2,000 for charity.
Andrew Parker died aged 44 in 2011 with skin cancer.
Mr Parker, from Westonzoyland, was a member of Vagabonds CC and a charity match was held between sides representing Vagabonds and Royal Mail.
The event raised over £2,000 with £805 going to Vagabonds and £200 to Andy’s daughters Emily and Lily.
Organiser Dave Capon and Mr Parker’s widow Claire also presented a cheque for £1,000 to SURE, the Somerset Unit for Radiotherapy Equipment (for more on SURE, see page 13).
Dave told the Mercury: “It was a fantastic afternoon with some great memories and I think everyone involved would agree it was worth it with this amount raised.
“Once again I would like to thank everyone who attended and supported the event and those who donated their time, money and raffle prizes.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Memorial match for Bridgwater postman
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Memorial match for Bridgwater postman
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.