ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

These legs were meant for walking...

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

These legs were meant for walking...

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/legs-me ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Britain's fastest walker Chris Maddocks is still on the hoof.

But instead of representing Britain in the Olympics he's pounding the roads of Tiverton for the Royal Mail.

Walker Chris Maddocks is the only man in British athletics to have competed at five Olympics.

Chris, 55, who represented Britain at Olympic Games from 1984 in Los Angeles (above) to 2000 in Sydney, still holds the British record for three distances.

They range from 10km walked in 40 minutes 17 seconds – a speed of almost 15km per hour (9mph) to 50km walked in 3 hours 51 minutes 37 seconds – a speed of around 13km per hour (8mph).

The average person walks at 5km per hour (about 3mph).

Another record was set when he walked the New York Marathon in 3 hours 14 minutes 37 seconds.

And he still covers around nine miles a day in Tiverton, Devon, where he became a postie in 2004.

But these days he travels at a more sedate pace.

"There was a mix of disbelief and amazement among colleagues when they found out about my Olympic background," he said. "I didn't really advertise it though.

"But I did a stint of TV work for NBC during the London Olympics and some of the people on my round recognise me from that. I sometimes get called the fastest postman in the west. I don't think I'm the fastest these days though."

Chris's autobiography Money Walks was published recently.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: These legs were meant for walking...

Post by POSTMAN »

No jokes then guys?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.