clashcityrocker wrote:Obviously I vault over all the gates etc but a colleague has introduced me to the technique known as the Fosbury Flop to get over higher obstructions.
The future of deliveries is obviously Parkour&Loop.
This is my training schedule. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhG4F1ijD1k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
postypie wrote:These type of posties are to be found in most offices...i have seen some of them back at 11.30 am in the past to do their overtime having literally ran round their own duties using their cars in the process!
You can't talk to them..they are complete and utter tossers..and seem hell bent on trying to impress managers and making a complete mockery of the job...i tend to find most are very insecure and always looked stressed for whatever reason...you know..always on edge..drinking cups of coffee by the gallon,eating while sorting/prepping walks,i really don't know where RM find these idiots from.
So you are saying runners are complete tossers? In my office the runners or quicker posties are better and make a lot less mistakes than others. No customer complaints because they get their mail correct and nice and early.
So in your book what are slow, incompetent, clueless, mistakes regular posties? Are they tossers to?
DaveF14 wrote:In my office the runners or quicker posties are better and make a lot less mistakes than others.
You just made that s**t up Dave to make yourself feel better about being a runner.
Go on,admit it...if not to the board then at least to yourself.
The first step to overcoming an addiction is admittance.
1,2,3....my name is Dave and i'm a.......
DaveF14 wrote:
So you are saying runners are complete tossers? In my office the runners or quicker posties are better and make a lot less mistakes than others. No customer complaints because they get their mail correct and nice and early.
There is a difference between "runners" and quick posties - we have both at my office.
DaveF14 wrote:So in your book what are slow, incompetent, clueless, mistakes regular posties? Are they tossers to?
Regular posties are fine as are slow and fast ones. Now incompetent and clueless ones who create just as many problems as "runners" for colleagues are all the same and their behaviour should be tackled. Calling them names doesn't help but I do understand the frustration behind the name calling.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postypie wrote:These type of posties are to be found in most offices...i have seen some of them back at 11.30 am in the past to do their overtime having literally ran round their own duties using their cars in the process!
You can't talk to them..they are complete and utter tossers..and seem hell bent on trying to impress managers and making a complete mockery of the job...i tend to find most are very insecure and always looked stressed for whatever reason...you know..always on edge..drinking cups of coffee by the gallon,eating while sorting/prepping walks,i really don't know where RM find these idiots from.
So you are saying runners are complete tossers? In my office the runners or quicker posties are better and make a lot less mistakes than others. No customer complaints because they get their mail correct and nice and early.
So in your book what are slow, incompetent, clueless, mistakes regular posties? Are they tossers to?
People that come in early dont work for free. They start early, so finish early. Thats what happens in my office. Our hours are 6 -2. A lot are in for 5.15 so not many are working past 1.
No wonder they get their mail early...what a novel idea starting work earlier,why don't we start at 4...it's not like it's never been done.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
DaveF14 wrote:In my office the runners or quicker posties are better and make a lot less mistakes than others.
You just made that s**t up Dave to make yourself feel better about being a runner.
Go on,admit it...if not to the board then at least to yourself.
The first step to overcoming an addiction is admittance.
1,2,3....my name is Dave and i'm a.......
an excellant postie cause I know how to do my job efficiently and my customers get their mail correctly and early compared to my slow incompetent floater.
DaveF14 wrote:
an excellant postie cause I know how to do my job efficiently and my customers get their mail correctly and early compared to my slow incompetent floater.
How much earlier do you (excellent postie) deliver the mail to your customers compared to the slow, incompetent floater?
Most of my customers are out at work.
They wouldn't know if they got their mail at 10.30 or 14.30.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DaveF14 wrote:
an excellant postie cause I know how to do my job efficiently and my customers get their mail correctly and early compared to my slow incompetent floater.
How much earlier do you (excellent postie) deliver the mail to your customers compared to the slow, incompetent floater?
Most of my customers are out at work.
They wouldn't know if they got their mail at 10.30 or 14.30.
Just recently applied for a new duty. Been on it a couple of months. Mostly rural with lots of farms and a lot are normally in. Compared to the last duty holder im thinking around 3 hours and about 2 hours quicker than the floater.
Im not having a pop at the old duty holder or floater because they are excellant posties in their own right. The old duty holder would go out of his way with some of the customers and get newspapers for them or take their bins in. But what im tired of is people on here saying that quicker posties are not doing the job properly and spoiling it for the rest. Its in my nature to be quick and if I can gain a few minutes here and there so I can get home earlier to spend time with my family and little girl, I will.
DaveF14 wrote: Its in my nature to be quick and if I can gain a few minutes here and there so I can get home earlier to spend time with my family and little girl, I will.
But you shouldn't be allowed to go home early.
You are contracted to work until the end of your duty, not the end of your delivery.
While I understand how a "quicker" postie can gain a few minutes, I don't understand how you can make 2/3 hours on a 4hr(?) delivery.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DaveF14 wrote: Its in my nature to be quick and if I can gain a few minutes here and there so I can get home earlier to spend time with my family and little girl, I will.
But you shouldn't be allowed to go home early.
You are contracted to work until the end of your duty, not the end of your delivery.
While I understand how a "quicker" postie can gain a few minutes, I don't understand how you can make 2/3 hours on a 4hr(?) delivery.
With it being a rural, on an average day it is easily a 5 hour delivery. It only has around 270 stops and covers around 70 miles. The old duty holder would do his side jobs, ie newspapers, bins, blether. By the end of the round this time adds up and this is were the 2-3 hours comes into play.
Once we get back to the office if there is no lapsing or no s/l, we can go home.
DaveF14 wrote:With it being a rural, on an average day it is easily a 5 hour delivery. It only has around 270 stops and covers around 70 miles. The old duty holder would do his side jobs, ie newspapers, bins, blether. By the end of the round this time adds up and this is were the 2-3 hours comes into play.
Once we get back to the office if there is no lapsing or no s/l, we can go home.
So you're not a quicker,better postie at all Dave...
It's just a 3 hour delivery pretending to be a 5 hour delivery.
The old postie was a genius for spinning it out to 5hrs.
You,on the other hand will eventually just get 2hrs of work added because you finish early.
DaveF14 wrote: Its in my nature to be quick and if I can gain a few minutes here and there so I can get home earlier to spend time with my family and little girl, I will.
But you shouldn't be allowed to go home early.
You are contracted to work until the end of your duty, not the end of your delivery.
While I understand how a "quicker" postie can gain a few minutes, I don't understand how you can make 2/3 hours on a 4hr(?) delivery.
With it being a rural, on an average day it is easily a 5 hour delivery. It only has around 270 stops and covers around 70 miles. The old duty holder would do his side jobs, ie newspapers, bins, blether. By the end of the round this time adds up and this is were the 2-3 hours comes into play.
Once we get back to the office if there is no lapsing or no s/l, we can go home.
DaveF14 wrote:With it being a rural, on an average day it is easily a 5 hour delivery. It only has around 270 stops and covers around 70 miles. The old duty holder would do his side jobs, ie newspapers, bins, blether. By the end of the round this time adds up and this is were the 2-3 hours comes into play.
Once we get back to the office if there is no lapsing or no s/l, we can go home.
So you're not a quicker,better postie at all Dave...
It's just a 3 hour delivery pretending to be a 5 hour delivery.
The old postie was a genius for spinning it out to 5hrs.
You,on the other hand will eventually just get 2hrs of work added because you finish early.
No. Its a 5 hour delivery, which takes me the 5 but the other dude 7-8 hours.
DaveF14 wrote: Its in my nature to be quick and if I can gain a few minutes here and there so I can get home earlier to spend time with my family and little girl, I will.
But you shouldn't be allowed to go home early.
You are contracted to work until the end of your duty, not the end of your delivery.
While I understand how a "quicker" postie can gain a few minutes, I don't understand how you can make 2/3 hours on a 4hr(?) delivery.
With it being a rural, on an average day it is easily a 5 hour delivery. It only has around 270 stops and covers around 70 miles. The old duty holder would do his side jobs, ie newspapers, bins, blether. By the end of the round this time adds up and this is were the 2-3 hours comes into play.
Once we get back to the office if there is no lapsing or no s/l, we can go home.