ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Appealing a dismissal

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Appealing a dismissal

Post by General Mannerheim »

mclovin wrote:I am, of course, assuming the appeal manager will do a full investigation and not take orders from the old boys network of managers round these parts.
In a `normal` company then yes but Royal Fail is not a normal employer,it is a very ignorant and always right mentality with managers never do anything wrong and every thing is above board,but plenty of times they have come a cropper at ET's for cocking up appeals and dismissals.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: Appealing a dismissal

Post by flaminmoses »

mclovin wrote:A suspended what?

They believed the manager over me despite there being no paperwork to suggest I had been warned or any evidence of a previous conversation, just a fudged account from another manager, coincidentally my managers friend. I was stitched up like a kipper.
Defo one for the appeal.....they will have to have to have well forged paperwork with your signatures I'd imagine
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Appealing a dismissal

Post by mclovin »

Precisely, their whole case hinges on it, the dismissing managers deliberations were a litany of I believe this and I believe that but with no solid evidence behind him.
fmrPOSTIE
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 674
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
Gender: Male

Re: Appealing a dismissal

Post by fmrPOSTIE »

I'm sure 'Custard' got his sacking overturned it has been known!