ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The round next to mine is a joke!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by anTi »

DaveF14 wrote: I cant understand how he allows this person to not come back to the office when done.
Why has he got to go back? Are you saying hes allowed to bring back the next day all his 739's?
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by fng »

anTi wrote:
DaveF14 wrote: I cant understand how he allows this person to not come back to the office when done.
Why has he got to go back? Are you saying hes allowed to bring back the next day all his 739's?

On sat i did 2 rounds and couldn't get back to the office before 2pm without cutting off - phoned lino who told be to take p739's and the van home :shock: I got him to txt me that as confirmation !!!! :cuppa
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by TheCobra »

If you are able to get your own round done then really you can't have much of an argument I suppose.

I do think it's stupid the amount of variation there can be in how long it takes to do different walks, surely over the years they can have made things pretty evened up and fair, but nope.

Myself, I was on a really tough walk when I first joined up, for around 4 months, Tuesday I'd have an early finish of course, but every other day I took the whole time, often going over 45 mins or more, it was a real beast with loads of hills/steps/long driveways/large bags etc. The guy on the walk next to me had it made, it was common knowledge that walk took 2 1/2 hours whereas mine generally took 4 or more. It does seem strange that this type of thing can regularly go on.

Anyways, wth time, I got a different, much easier walk, that is probably one of the easier ones in the office, and laughing boy got taken off his easy walk and put on a pretty hard one. Swings and roundabouts I suppose, though I'm sure there are many cases of things not working out quite so well for people.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2060
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by scoobydo79 »

Job and finish is over.Every one should go back to their office to sign out and go home after.
greavsey
Posts: 22
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 20:55
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by greavsey »

Theghost wrote:How on earth is this bullying or harrasment?

In answer to the initial question,Why care that someone else is getting it a bit easier? Do your hours and one day in the future you will be the person who has it easier,Im sure you have it easier than others in your office?
All animals are equal. But some are more equal than others!
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by Stella102 »

greavsey wrote:
Theghost wrote:How on earth is this bullying or harrasment?

In answer to the initial question,Why care that someone else is getting it a bit easier? Do your hours and one day in the future you will be the person who has it easier,Im sure you have it easier than others in your office?
All animals are equal. But some are more equal than others!
most of the animals in our workplace have the best rounds.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by Brainache »

If everyone agrees the round is hour and half too big book it every day ( remember your 50 minute m/r on some days). If the manager doesnt like it he has to equalise the rounds - grab the docket while its there.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The round next to mine is a joke!!

Post by DGP1 »

Brains wrote:If everyone agrees the round is hour and half too big book it every day ( remember your 50 minute m/r on some days). If the manager doesnt like it he has to equalise the rounds - grab the docket while its there.
Equalise :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle that's the biggest I've heard in a long time. The planners are planning for massively unequal duties (from 4 hours to 5 1/2 hours by their own timings).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio