ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sacked ....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by POSTMAN »

Orinoko wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
monkeymutha wrote:Manager at my new office said to me if I have missorts it's my fault, first time prepping a walk so had a few brought back. She said in future I will have to take them round on my bike in my own time without being paid for it cause it's my fault. I just laughed. Cowbag. When I bring em back I hand em to locker so they can go out with SAs. Guy photocopied em all and gave em to the boss who collered me next day. w****r
As far as I know everyone has mispreps/missorts now and then and if the managers act like this then the only thing to do is 'do the job properly' which means checking through all your bundles for mispreps before you band them up. As a manager said to me when I told him I did this ''It'll take you all day doing that'' , not quite but it did take me about 20mins a day longer, and at xmas probably an hour. I did this for years and was told by 2 managers and a union rep not to, even though it's in the official rules of delivery prep. As things are at the moment they won't want everyone taking 20 minutes longer so maybe they should not be so picky about mispreps.

As for delivering mispreps whilst out there then as someone has correctly said you can't unless your 100% sure they're not redirections or keepsafes so they have to be bought back.
Interesting you say that,i remember reading in the courier a few years back that we were supposed to do just that,i'm sure it was an article on cutting down on mis-deliveries/missorts.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Orinoko
Posts: 15
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:31
Gender: Male

Re: Sacked ....

Post by Orinoko »

As far as I know everyone has mispreps/missorts now and then and if the managers act like this then the only thing to do is 'do the job properly' which means checking through all your bundles for mispreps before you band them up. As a manager said to me when I told him I did this ''It'll take you all day doing that'' , not quite but it did take me about 20mins a day longer, and at xmas probably an hour. I did this for years and was told by 2 managers and a union rep not to, even though it's in the official rules of delivery prep. As things are at the moment they won't want everyone taking 20 minutes longer so maybe they should not be so picky about mispreps.

As for delivering mispreps whilst out there then as someone has correctly said you can't unless your 100% sure they're not redirections or keepsafes so they have to be bought back.
Interesting you say that,i remember reading in the courier a few years back that we were supposed to do just that,i'm sure it was an article on cutting down on mis-deliveries/missorts.
You remebered correctly, it was in a 2007 edition of the courier, probably about Jun/July. Wish I had a copy now to show the managers. That's when I started doing it because I don't like the feeling of being patronised that we're not doing our job properly and so making misdeliveries. Yet when you do what they say they then tell you you don't need to.
Apparently it's part of the '3 check rule'. You check once when you put it in the frame, then when you bundle up and again just before putting it through the letterbox.
I gave up after a few years because no on else seemed to be doing it and I was feeling intimidated by the driver who drops my pouches off and the other posties in my area(mainly those that came in half hour early) for holding up their extra pouches as I took longer to get ready.