You spelt patronizing wrong.fishtank wrote:Do i have to spell it out.
He said he doesn't bring back missorts just various other endorsed items.
He wasn't being patronising.he was just trying not to be obvious.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sacked ....
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16735
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Sacked ....
Spelt, also known as dinkel wheat, or hulled wheat, is a hexaploid species of wheat.
"As with many words with a choice between "-ise" and "-ize", the "-ise" form is the most common in print in England: so "patronising" is OK. The Oxford English Dictionary, however, prefers the "-ize" form on etymological grounds (origin in Greek "-izein"), so "patronizing" is also OK; some Oxford-educated people will tell you that it's the more educated version.
This difference turned up as a crucial clue in the Inspector Morse mystery The Ghost in the Machine. Morse, being Oxford-educated, came out with this "-ize = educated" factoid. I didn't go to Oxford, and think it's bilge."
"As with many words with a choice between "-ise" and "-ize", the "-ise" form is the most common in print in England: so "patronising" is OK. The Oxford English Dictionary, however, prefers the "-ize" form on etymological grounds (origin in Greek "-izein"), so "patronizing" is also OK; some Oxford-educated people will tell you that it's the more educated version.
This difference turned up as a crucial clue in the Inspector Morse mystery The Ghost in the Machine. Morse, being Oxford-educated, came out with this "-ize = educated" factoid. I didn't go to Oxford, and think it's bilge."
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
I'm not an American.Bahia Feliz wrote:You spelt patronizing wrong.fishtank wrote:Do i have to spell it out.
He said he doesn't bring back missorts just various other endorsed items.
He wasn't being patronising.he was just trying not to be obvious.
If you want to criticize my syntax/grammar,i used a full stop instead of a comma between patronising and he.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
Bit touchy aint yafishtank wrote:I'm not an American.Bahia Feliz wrote:You spelt patronizing wrong.fishtank wrote:Do i have to spell it out.
He said he doesn't bring back missorts just various other endorsed items.
He wasn't being patronising.he was just trying not to be obvious.
If you want to criticize my syntax/grammar,i used a full stop instead of a comma between patronising and he.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
No i'm just f***ing with you.Bahia Feliz wrote:Bit touchy aint ya
But seriously teebs is about the least patronizing poster on here.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
Ok joke over sorry teebs
P.s my original comment- TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? Was actually a joke,didn't go down too well obviously
P.s my original comment- TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
What do you do with them then? Was actually a joke,didn't go down too well obviously
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
How can they possibly tell it was you who chucked the missorts into a post box and not a customer who got someone else's mail?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Sacked ....
Maybe different letters for different housesJiminyBillyBob wrote:How can they possibly tell it was you who chucked the missorts into a post box and not a customer who got someone else's mail?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
JiminyBillyBob wrote:How can they possibly tell it was you who chucked the missorts into a post box and not a customer who got someone else's mail?
Management or IB won't move in on you on the first occasion,instead they will monitor you.
If you are the kind of person who chucks unendorsed "missorts" into a box you'll do it again and again because you'll think no-one cares and you've gotten away with it then one day you'll get pulled into the office and you'll swear it wasn't you...and they will pull out more evidence...then you'll swear it was only once or twice...and out will come more evidence from every walk you've been on for the last six months...then they will offer you the chance to resign and to be honest you would probably be as well taking it.
I've seen it done.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
Me too! anfishtank wrote:JiminyBillyBob wrote:How can they possibly tell it was you who chucked the missorts into a post box and not a customer who got someone else's mail?
Management or IB won't move in on you on the first occasion,instead they will monitor you.
If you are the kind of person who chucks unendorsed "missorts" into a box you'll do it again and again because you'll think no-one cares and you've gotten away with it then one day you'll get pulled into the office and you'll swear it wasn't you...and they will pull out more evidence...then you'll swear it was only once or twice...and out will come more evidence from every walk you've been on for the last six months...then they will offer you the chance to resign and to be honest you would probably be as well taking it.![]()
I've seen it done.
Recently there was an effort to have the "returned through the box mail" picked up at the MC and returned to the relevant DOM via SD. In truth there wasn't any instances where it was considered that it was wholesale and generally covered a multitude of boxes over a fair number of walks so that practice has stopped. The sacking incident involved a large amount of mail found in a multitude of boxes over a wide area including some outside our delivery area. The guy was a newbie and simply wasn't delivering the mail.
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
I've had mail delivered to my house in the past that's for a street on the other side of town and I've just posted it back into a post box, and i'm sure many other people will be doing this everyday with misdelivered mail, either that or binning it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
I've been told before when i was on a collection to ignore boxes X&Y in a particular area.
I assume they were being intercepted or monitored for some reason.
I assume they were being intercepted or monitored for some reason.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Orinoko
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
As far as I know everyone has mispreps/missorts now and then and if the managers act like this then the only thing to do is 'do the job properly' which means checking through all your bundles for mispreps before you band them up. As a manager said to me when I told him I did this ''It'll take you all day doing that'' , not quite but it did take me about 20mins a day longer, and at xmas probably an hour. I did this for years and was told by 2 managers and a union rep not to, even though it's in the official rules of delivery prep. As things are at the moment they won't want everyone taking 20 minutes longer so maybe they should not be so picky about mispreps.POSTMAN wrote:monkeymutha wrote:Manager at my new office said to me if I have missorts it's my fault, first time prepping a walk so had a few brought back. She said in future I will have to take them round on my bike in my own time without being paid for it cause it's my fault. I just laughed. Cowbag. When I bring em back I hand em to locker so they can go out with SAs. Guy photocopied em all and gave em to the boss who collered me next day. w****r
As for delivering mispreps whilst out there then as someone has correctly said you can't unless your 100% sure they're not redirections or keepsafes so they have to be bought back.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Sacked ....
What would be worse, deliver missort to a wrong address, or bring it back? In our office SPDO, every day lots of missorts for other offices, including tracked,packets first class, does it matter if you bring back a DSA, as it's already failed? 
-
Orinoko
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
None of our casuals are properly trained. We've had meetings to tell us Royal Mail is getting more complaints than ever before and us posties get the blame. Last week I had a letter through my door for another road and the next day my neighbour handed me my pay slip. I checked at work and found out it was a casual delivering the mail on those days, what a surprise.north london driver wrote:was the casual trainned by anyone.