Haha yeah right! We are staffed to the bare bones.cyberheater wrote:I was told to pouch off endorsed items. Put them in a blue pouch of bag and then post them in a post box. Is that wrong?
EDIT. Also to the OP. It must be nice to work in a office where you've got so many spare staff they can sack someone on the spot.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sacked ....
-
deanomac83
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 17:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3377
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
If you don't have a blue return pouch you can still band clearly endorsed letters together and pouch off, but you shouldn't place loose and unendorsed letters into boxes. I did that when I had just started though I never got pulled up for it, but as usual it's a case of not being trained properly.
The machine stops.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Sacked ....
I deliver mine, not too sure what Teebs does but that's what I was trained to do.Bahia Feliz wrote:What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Sacked ....
You "reclassify" them.Bahia Feliz wrote:What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
Dog at large, no access, TFCBA.
If a letter has been missorted, it can't have been checked for redirections/keepsafe so unless you are certain you know all your redirections, "check redirection" as well.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
claude
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 21:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
I bought back a miss sort today. It was a flat in a polythene bag that was stuck to another one. The adress on it was Coventry, 100 miles from wghere I work, should i have gone out in my own time and deliverede it
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3377
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
If you're on P&L you have a van, so yesclaude wrote:I bought back a miss sort today. It was a flat in a polythene bag that was stuck to another one. The adress on it was Coventry, 100 miles from wghere I work, should i have gone out in my own time and deliverede it
The machine stops.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Sacked ....
The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it.Bahia Feliz wrote:What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
I always write "For Enquiry". It seems to cover it.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I never bring back Mis Sorts. However, do have a few dogs loose, gate locked, Temporary No Access and other typical endorsements.Pat Ostman wrote:Depends what day it is/current mood of DOMPostal1 wrote:I thought you could bring back misssorted mail to the office. I Mean surely you're not expected to go around the delivery again with them?
-
nuttyboy
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 27 Feb 2010, 14:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
probably trained by jesusdeanomac83 wrote:One of our casuals was escorted off the premises today and presumably sacked! Apparently he reintroduced mail into a post box instead of finishing his dutie. Silly boy!
I know he is a casual but is it that easy for RM to sack him on the spot? As permanent staff would be suspended under investigation!
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
ok mr perfectTrueBlueTerrier wrote:The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it.Bahia Feliz wrote:What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Sacked ....
He's not prefect but like some of us, he does have a heartfelt belief that he should serve his customers and that he should watch his every action for fear that he would get sacked over something really stupid.Bahia Feliz wrote:ok mr perfectTrueBlueTerrier wrote:The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it.Bahia Feliz wrote:What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
He may not be perfect but he is i.m.o patronizing!DGP1 wrote:He's not prefect but like some of us, he does have a heartfelt belief that he should serve his customers and that he should watch his every action for fear that he would get sacked over something really stupid.Bahia Feliz wrote:ok mr perfectTrueBlueTerrier wrote:The Clue was the rest of my post, or was it.Bahia Feliz wrote:What do you do with them then?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I never bring back Mis Sorts.![]()
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked ....
Do i have to spell it out.
He said he doesn't bring back missorts just various other endorsed items.
He wasn't being patronising.he was just trying not to be obvious.
He said he doesn't bring back missorts just various other endorsed items.
He wasn't being patronising.he was just trying not to be obvious.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Sacked ....
What he said was:Bahia Feliz wrote: He may not be perfect but he is i.m.o patronizing!
I never bring back Mis Sorts. However, do have a few dogs loose, gate locked, Temporary No Access and other typical endorsements.
He never brings back missorts because he calls them something else.
If you call it a missort there might be a problem depending on your DOM's mood that day.
If you call it Temp No Access - there won't be.
It is simply a matter of not giving them enough rope to hang you with.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.