ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
I didn't say it was a good idea, only that it might have some merit - I mean improving the gene pool can't be all bad can it? Look at tomatoes, they have created a plastic, tasteless lookalike - now is that a bad thing. :whistle
In the United Kingdom, eugenics never received significant state funding, but it was supported by many prominent figures of different political persuasions before World War I, including: Liberal economists William Beveridge and John Maynard Keynes; Fabian socialists such as Irish author George Bernard Shaw, H. G. Wells and Sidney Webb; and Conservatives such as the future Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Arthur Balfour. The influential economist John Maynard Keynes was a prominent supporter of Eugenics, serving as Director of the British Eugenics Society, and writing that eugenics is "the most important, significant and, I would add, genuine branch of sociology which exists". :shock:
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by fishtank »

TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy :shock:
That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy :shock:
That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth. :nervous
Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now............................... :shock:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy :shock:
That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth. :nervous
Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now............................... :shock:
It's funny and worrying at the same time! The film that is.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by NWpostie »

TeeferTiger wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy :shock:
That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth. :nervous
Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now............................... :shock:
It's funny and worrying at the same time! The film that is.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by Lounge Lizard »

NWpostie wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy :shock:
That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth. :nervous
Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now............................... :shock:
It's funny and worrying at the same time! The film that is.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups
I was thinking that with the news from Birmingham these last few days. :sad: