ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

Well the means test is obviously not stringent enough! When you say there is a small number of dubious claimants - how do you know? If when caught they roll up in a wheelchair, on crutches, with a walking stick and a supposed full time carer, who is also claiming benefits fraudulently, at the court, exactly how stringent can it be? The very same person is shown playing golf, humping sacks of spuds and doing a triple twist with a pike from a 10 metre diving board - wool, eyes...................ATOS must be staffed by idiots.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well the means test is obviously not stringent enough! When you say there is a small number of dubious claimants - how do you know? If when caught they roll up in a wheelchair, on crutches, with a walking stick and a supposed full time carer, who is also claiming benefits fraudulently, at the court, exactly how stringent can it be? The very same person is shown playing golf, humping sacks of spuds and doing a triple twist with a pike from a 10 metre diving board - wool, eyes...................ATOS must be staffed by idiots.
I can't argue with that observation, but not for the same reasons.

Having been through a DWP ATOS assessment and being declared fit for work (and then winning my tribunal who said I wasn't), I can confirm that the ATOS health "professionals" just seem to make it up as they go along. I apparently live in a house with 2 flights of stairs, I enjoy keeping my house clean/doing housework (I have help and don't/can't do much myself- and they don't assess you on housework/allow you to mention it so why include it in the initial thing?!), and I had "no side effects from the medications" I was on. All complete bullpoo along with a lot of other stuff in the report. I also got referred to in my maiden name, my married name and then called Mrs Griffiths :shock:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well the means test is obviously not stringent enough! When you say there is a small number of dubious claimants - how do you know? If when caught they roll up in a wheelchair, on crutches, with a walking stick and a supposed full time carer, who is also claiming benefits fraudulently, at the court, exactly how stringent can it be? The very same person is shown playing golf, humping sacks of spuds and doing a triple twist with a pike from a 10 metre diving board - wool, eyes...................ATOS must be staffed by idiots.
If you're looking for a 100% accurate system to catch fraudulent benefit claimants you can have it but you had better be prepared for the tax hike to pay for it.
Yes you could make it foolproof but then the cost of administrating the system and the follow up costs to continuously monitor claimants would mean it would cost far more to the taxpayer than is lost to fraudulent claims.
That would be pointless....cut,nose,spite,face.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well the means test is obviously not stringent enough! When you say there is a small number of dubious claimants - how do you know? If when caught they roll up in a wheelchair, on crutches, with a walking stick and a supposed full time carer, who is also claiming benefits fraudulently, at the court, exactly how stringent can it be? The very same person is shown playing golf, humping sacks of spuds and doing a triple twist with a pike from a 10 metre diving board - wool, eyes...................ATOS must be staffed by idiots.
If you're looking for a 100% accurate system to catch fraudulent benefit claimants you can have it but you had better be prepared for the tax hike to pay for it.
Yes you could make it foolproof but then the cost of administrating the system and the follow up costs to continuously monitor claimants would mean it would cost far more to the taxpayer than is lost to fraudulent claims.
That would be pointless....cut,nose,spite,face.
I have a completely cost free, wholely saving administrative system - don't pay anything, that way there is no cheating at all - or is that too facetious :neutral:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well the means test is obviously not stringent enough! When you say there is a small number of dubious claimants - how do you know? If when caught they roll up in a wheelchair, on crutches, with a walking stick and a supposed full time carer, who is also claiming benefits fraudulently, at the court, exactly how stringent can it be? The very same person is shown playing golf, humping sacks of spuds and doing a triple twist with a pike from a 10 metre diving board - wool, eyes...................ATOS must be staffed by idiots.
If you're looking for a 100% accurate system to catch fraudulent benefit claimants you can have it but you had better be prepared for the tax hike to pay for it.
Yes you could make it foolproof but then the cost of administrating the system and the follow up costs to continuously monitor claimants would mean it would cost far more to the taxpayer than is lost to fraudulent claims.
That would be pointless....cut,nose,spite,face.
I have a completely cost free, wholely saving administrative system - don't pay anything, that way there is no cheating at all - or is that too facetious :neutral:
No, sounds a little like eugenics through financial deprivation to me.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by fishtank »

TeeferTiger wrote:No, sounds a little like eugenics through financial deprivation to me.
What she said. :confused :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:No, sounds a little like eugenics through financial deprivation to me.
What she said. :confused :whistle
I've no idea what that means but if it saves me money I'm all for it. Perhaps I could afford a posh car if I wasn't being raped by the tax man, national insurance et al.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:No, sounds a little like eugenics through financial deprivation to me.
What she said. :confused :whistle
I've no idea what that means but if it saves me money I'm all for it. Perhaps I could afford a posh car if I wasn't being raped by the tax man, national insurance et al.
Eugenics- purification of the population by ridding it of the disabled and any other "undesirables" (like they tried in California and Nazi Germany), removing of undesirable genes/characteristics. Many disabled people are already living in poverty given that their cost of living is usually higher than other able bodied people, so paying them nothing at all when they're unable to earn it for themselves smacks of wanting them to just starve to death and be removed from the population.

It's hard enough having a disability without even more stigma being piled on. If I could choose to be, I'd be fit and well and wouldn't have been ill health retired and now with no prospect of being able to work in the foreseeable future. However, I don't have that choice and the amount of hoops I have to (figuratively) jump through to satisfy the DWP's incessant demands is demoralising and demeaning enough without being seen as a burden on society too.

And if there were no disabled people and no benefits to pay, do you really think taxes would go down or cease? As Benjamin Franklin once said "There are 2 certainties in life- death and taxes". Perhaps when you're a bit older and struggling to walk due to the wear and tear, you'll think twice about getting a blue badge or claiming DLA/PIP.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:No, sounds a little like eugenics through financial deprivation to me.
What she said. :confused :whistle
I've no idea what that means but if it saves me money I'm all for it. Perhaps I could afford a posh car if I wasn't being raped by the tax man, national insurance et al.
Eugenics- purification of the population by ridding it of the disabled and any other "undesirables" (like they tried in California and Nazi Germany), removing of undesirable genes/characteristics. Many disabled people are already living in poverty given that their cost of living is usually higher than other able bodied people, so paying them nothing at all when they're unable to earn it for themselves smacks of wanting them to just starve to death and be removed from the population.

It's hard enough having a disability without even more stigma being piled on. If I could choose to be, I'd be fit and well and wouldn't have been ill health retired and now with no prospect of being able to work in the foreseeable future. However, I don't have that choice and the amount of hoops I have to (figuratively) jump through to satisfy the DWP's incessant demands is demoralising and demeaning enough without being seen as a burden on society too.

And if there were no disabled people and no benefits to pay, do you really think taxes would go down or cease? As Benjamin Franklin once said "There are 2 certainties in life- death and taxes". Perhaps when you're a bit older and struggling to walk due to the wear and tear, you'll think twice about getting a blue badge or claiming DLA/PIP.
Well I'm 66 I do have a bad right knee which needs replacing, but I still work, take 11 tablets a day - haven't missed a single days work this year, had a stroke a few years ago, recovered fortunately - wonder if I can have a blue badge and some incapacity benefit..................but then I wouldn't know because it would never occur to me to bother with it - just get up, go to work and get on with it. I don't know about eugenics - perhaps it does have some merit, but euthanasia is definitely something I agree with..............the problem with a lot of people today is that they want to live forever whereas I would not want to live on beyond compos mentis and able bodied and fully support assisted suicide and life wills.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TeeferTiger »

Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

TeeferTiger wrote:Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
I didn't say it was a good idea, only that it might have some merit - I mean improving the gene pool can't be all bad can it? Look at tomatoes, they have created a plastic, tasteless lookalike - now is that a bad thing. :whistle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
I didn't say it was a good idea, only that it might have some merit - I mean improving the gene pool can't be all bad can it? Look at tomatoes, they have created a plastic, tasteless lookalike - now is that a bad thing. :whistle

Improving the gene pool can't be all that bad :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why not go one step further a bring in Racial or Gene Purification Laws.

I know you are trying to be witty dvbuk, but perhaps this isn't the best thread to do that.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
I didn't say it was a good idea, only that it might have some merit - I mean improving the gene pool can't be all bad can it? Look at tomatoes, they have created a plastic, tasteless lookalike - now is that a bad thing. :whistle
DV stop winding Teefer up.
There wouldn't be much room for any of us in this new improved gene pool.
Are there no mirrors in your house?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
I didn't say it was a good idea, only that it might have some merit - I mean improving the gene pool can't be all bad can it? Look at tomatoes, they have created a plastic, tasteless lookalike - now is that a bad thing. :whistle
DV stop winding Teefer up.
There wouldn't be much room for any of us in this new improved gene pool.
Are there no mirrors in your house?
OK - my bad. Sorry teefer - couldn't resist just makes it easier when someone is passionate about a subject - :silenced
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child

Post by TeeferTiger »

And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy :shock:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?