If the Daily Mail says so it must be official.Ossie From Preston wrote:It's now been officially confirmed withe Daily Mail online
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
-
bigcol
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: Officially the worst DO
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
My mum (daily mail readerbigcol wrote:If the Daily Mail says so it must be official.Ossie From Preston wrote:It's now been officially confirmed withe Daily Mail online
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
P739 and back to the office, thats what I have been doing, I very rarely leave anything with a neighbour and only if its officially listed as a safe place.
My job is more important than their convenience.
At times like this I wish we had a "like" button to click cos I would "like" this myself !
My job is more important than their convenience.
At times like this I wish we had a "like" button to click cos I would "like" this myself !
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
We were effectively threatened with the sack if we do that in our office.clashcityrocker wrote:No.fishtank wrote: ....I would hope no postie is stupid enough to leave a recorded delivery letter with a neighbour...but.
Far better to sign for it yourself and deliver it to the correct address.
What have I done to deserve this?
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
i wont sign for anything, its all returned.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
I was joking - hence the smiley face at the end.Silly Sarah wrote:We were effectively threatened with the sack if we do that in our office.clashcityrocker wrote:No.fishtank wrote: ....I would hope no postie is stupid enough to leave a recorded delivery letter with a neighbour...but.
Far better to sign for it yourself and deliver it to the correct address.
You don't sign for anything - it is a sackable offence.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
Am I right in thinking that people should put a little RM issued sticker on their letterboxes, indicating which neignbour they want the packet left with?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
No.L8Hatter wrote:Am I right in thinking that people should put a little RM issued sticker on their letterboxes, indicating which neignbour they want the packet left with?
The sticker is only if they want to opt out of the scheme.
Otherwise the choice of neighbour is at the postie's discretion.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
I have noticed some with an added scribble saying "Leave at No.. ONLY" or "leave in green bin" etc.
These could make life easier but they still get 739d and returned to DO
These could make life easier but they still get 739d and returned to DO
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Dropping packets with neighbours! What about the abuse?
Thanks mate. It hasn't made a jot of difference on my round then, and probably most others. Didn't realise I'd been breaking the law for the last two years by leaving packets with neighbours I knowclashcityrocker wrote:No.L8Hatter wrote:Am I right in thinking that people should put a little RM issued sticker on their letterboxes, indicating which neignbour they want the packet left with?
The sticker is only if they want to opt out of the scheme.
Otherwise the choice of neighbour is at the postie's discretion.