ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by monkeymutha »

Lounge Lizard wrote:But why didn't Royal Mail realise that with the extra time involved "down to the discretion of the OPG" means that the OPG will not try the neighbour ? :shock:
They may as well not have brought the new scheme in. :Very Happy
Absolutely. I haven't and won't be leaving any packets with neighbours, not even if I have time to do so.

Mind you, today I had a packet which I 739'd. The neightbour (next door) had their front door open and I thought about just leaving it inside their door without telling them and then filling out the neighbour bit on the 739 card? Are we allowed to do this? Leave with neighbour without getting neighbours permission if the neighbours door is open.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

monkeymutha wrote: Are we allowed to do this? Leave with neighbour without getting neighbours permission if the neighbours door is open.
No

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 5&p=516540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If the neighbour agrees to do so, the delivery OPG will record the neighbouring address onto the P739 delivery card, and will then post this at the original address.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by fishtank »

Items P739'd and returned to the D.O.....15
Items delivered to neighbour.................1

The Spinster Sisters..happy and hatchet face,next door neighbours in an "assisted living self-contained community" as i think they call these places now.
Rumour is happy was actually married once but her sister didn't take to him and he mysteriously disappeared.
Anyway the packet,most likely sour boiled sweets...was for the personality deficient one but happy came to her door down the hall(psychic or nosey?) and told me her sister was in Motherwell...and left it at that as if no other explanation was necessary.
Anyone from Central Scotland will tell you.......no-one goes to Motherwell without a bloody good reason...packet left.
As i wrote out the P739 with the details of which neighbour i had left the packet with she said that's a bit pointless,my sister's almost blind and i read her post for her.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by DGP1 »

Well, today I broke my duck..............left one with a neighbour, although it was a BT router and it was to the alternative address on the packet..............does that still count though :hmmmm
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote: Anyone from Central Scotland will tell you.......no-one goes to Motherwell without a bloody good reason...
Unless she had gone to see one of the planning team?
Personality deficient......? She should fit in well.
Almost blind.........? Wouldn't be a hindrance.

s**t. It was a job interview.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Redyam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 97
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
Gender: Male

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by Redyam »

I left a packet with a neighbour today, I don't usually but I thought I'd try it. I was awarded with a young, attractive lady with huge baps answering the door, :nana
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by fishtank »

Redyam wrote: I was awarded with a young, attractive lady with huge baps answering the door, :nana
http://www.cherrapeno.com/2007/11/so-so ... -baps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Breakfast. :nana :nana
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by Lincox »

If the neighbours a nanny goat, or a horse looking over the fence, can you shove the packet in it,s mouth and leave instructions for the recipient to don their wellies when collecting.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Redyam wrote:I left a packet with a neighbour today, I don't usually but I thought I'd try it. I was awarded with a young, attractive lady with huge baps answering the door, :nana
white or brown.

Image Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Regal
Posts: 132
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by Regal »

No answer at door but i spotted a rabbit in its hutch in the backgarden so i said mr rabbit will you kindly accept this packet for your neighbour, to which mr rabbit was silent, that led me to believ it was a yes. So hey presto i left the packet with mr rabbit in his/her hutch. And everybody is happy! :dance
Tomorrow Never Knows
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Regal wrote:No answer at door but i spotted a rabbit in its hutch in the backgarden so i said mr rabbit will you kindly accept this packet for your neighbour, to which mr rabbit was silent, that led me to believ it was a yes. So hey presto i left the packet with mr rabbit in his/her hutch. And everybody is happy! :dance
I hope for your sake that the training you had from managers about leaving stuff with neighbours oked leaving stuff with animals... in writing. :neutral:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by clashcityrocker »

1 left with a neighbour.
2 point blank refusals.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Neighbours,Recycling and the Final Score..

Post by clashcityrocker »

What happens if:
Day 1 - packet left with neighbour.
Day 2 - packet is left lying outside the addressee's front door?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.