http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/polic ... _1_1549668" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Police are on the hunt for a serial arsonist who has been setting postboxes alight in north Norwich recently.
Three postboxes were set on fire over the weekend, two in Thorpe St Andrew and one in Sprowston.
Police are now urging local residents to remain vigilant and keep watch for any suspicious behaviour around postboxes in the area.
There have been several fires at Royal Mail post boxes in Thorpe St Andrew and Sprowston since mid-August, including on Thunder Lane in Thorpe.
This weekend there were fires at postboxes in Gordon Avenue, at the junction with Henby Way, and Harvey Lane, both in Thorpe, as well as in Wroxham Road, at the junction with Rosemary Road, in Sprowston.
Post was completely destroyed in the Harvey Lane postbox and anyone who thinks their mail may have been affected is asked to contact Royal Mail.
Investigating officer PC Ivor McNaugher said: “We believe the incidents have happened in the early hours and continue to be committed by the same offender.
“I would urge anyone in the area who witnesses people acting suspiciously, particularly near post boxes, to contact police immediately.”
Anyone who witnesses suspicious activity is urged to call police using the non-emergency 101 number, but should still dial 999 if they believe a crime is in progress.
Anyone with information about the postbox fires should contact PC Ivor McNaugher at Sprowston Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Has the arsonist caused you a major problem? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01063 772418 or david.freezer@archant.co.uk
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postboxes
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postboxes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postb
hasnt this been covered in the past ?
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 04 Oct 2012, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: snipped quote for brevity and to save the mileage on my mouse
Reason: snipped quote for brevity and to save the mileage on my mouse
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postb
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... on#p514327" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Indeed 2 weeks ago - this is more of an update I suppose as the ones reported here appear to be new ones.
Indeed 2 weeks ago - this is more of an update I suppose as the ones reported here appear to be new ones.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postb
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/arson ... _1_1497609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postb
There seems to be a lot of arson about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I'll get my coat
Sorry, I'll get my coat
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Police search for arsonist who is setting light to postb
David Freezer - a well-chilled dude no doubt ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...