ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours of Southbourne pillar box

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9 ... illar_box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Southbourne residents are rubbing their eyes in disbelief as the colour of a Royal Mail postbox continues to change.

From its original iconic red, to black, and now to cream the Southbourne Road box is a mystery both to residents and to the Royal Mail itself.

The box, on the corner of Arnewood Road, was black for a number of days before being transformed overnight.

Resident Christine Barrett said: “I’m hoping readers of the Daily Echo might have an explanation for this – I am curious.


“When it was black I thought perhaps someone was depressed about something but I can’t think why it would be painted cream.”

A number of postboxes across the UK were painted gold during the Olympics , mainly in the home towns of medal winners.

But a spokesman for the Royal Mail said they could think of no reason for a black or cream post box.

“We are aware of the postbox on Southbourne Road, Bournemouth, being painted by parties unknown,” said Nick Martens.

“We are unaware as to any reason for this and will be restoring the box to its iconic red colour shortly.”

Resident Joan Baker said: “I didn’t mind the gold boxes in the Olympics but this is just silly – someone is playing games.”

And passer-by Maureen Symes added: “I would like to know why somebody has done this – there must be a reason. I can’t wait to see what colour it is tomorrow.”

ImageImage
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by Stormproof »

Looks alright painted Cream. No doubt in a few years they will all be different colours anyway.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Mr Rush
Posts: 3352
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by Mr Rush »

RM drew attention to the boxes with their public relations stunt during the Olympics and now anyone with a tin of paint is encouraged to go around altering street furniture.
The machine stops.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Mr Rush wrote:RM drew attention to the boxes with their public relations stunt during the Olympics and now anyone with a tin of paint is encouraged to go around altering street furniture.
Right I am off to hang a Huddersfield town emblem over a bridge in Leeds - I am being encouraged by LOCOG and the London Mayor after all. :left: :left:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by arnold cheshire »

that box is in a dangerous postion anyway
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours of Southbourne pillar box

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9 ... illar_box/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Southbourne residents are rubbing their eyes in disbelief as the colour of a Royal Mail postbox continues to change.

From its original iconic red, to black, and now to cream the Southbourne Road box is a mystery both to residents and to the Royal Mail itself.

The box, on the corner of Arnewood Road, was black for a number of days before being transformed overnight.

Resident Christine Barrett said: “I’m hoping readers of the Daily Echo might have an explanation for this – I am curious.


“When it was black I thought perhaps someone was depressed about something but I can’t think why it would be painted cream.”

A number of postboxes across the UK were painted gold during the Olympics , mainly in the home towns of medal winners.

But a spokesman for the Royal Mail said they could think of no reason for a black or cream post box.

“We are aware of the postbox on Southbourne Road, Bournemouth, being painted by parties unknown,” said Nick Martens.

“We are unaware as to any reason for this and will be restoring the box to its iconic red colour shortly.”

Resident Joan Baker said: “I didn’t mind the gold boxes in the Olympics but this is just silly – someone is playing games.”

And passer-by Maureen Symes added: “I would like to know why somebody has done this – there must be a reason. I can’t wait to see what colour it is tomorrow.”

ImageImage
Just about the youngest person I've ever seen in Bournemouth :nana
and she's evan wearing a top to match these boxes with hair to match their old colour. :nana
Sharkeyes
Posts: 141
Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 18:47
Gender: Male

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by Sharkeyes »

Dont Republicans sneak out at night in Northern Ireland and Paint them Green?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sharkeyes wrote:Dont Republicans sneak out at night in Northern Ireland and Paint them Green?
Is Mitt Romney on an official visit or something . :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postbox mystery: Residents stunned by changing colours

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Sharkeyes wrote:Dont Republicans sneak out at night in Northern Ireland and Paint them Green?
Is Mitt Romney on an official visit or something . :chuckle :chuckle
Very good :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio