ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer raid

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
FairyFoot
Posts: 78
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
Gender: Female

Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer raid

Post by FairyFoot »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-nort ... s-19583478
Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer raid

One man has been arrested and North Wales Police are hunting a second man
Police are investigating after two men armed with hammers stole cash in a village post office robbery in Gwynedd.

The incident happened on Station Road, Talysarn, near Penygroes, at 10:36 BST on Wednesday.

One man has been arrested and police are hunting a second man. A quantity of cash has also been recovered.

North Wales Police appealed for witnesses to call 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Police say the robbers left the scene in a black Vauxhall Corsa, heading towards Penygroes and was later found abandoned in an area known locally as the west end.

"I would like to hear from anyone who was in the vicinity of the post office in the time leading up to the robbery when two men carrying sledgehammers carried out the office and left with a quantity of cash," said Det Chief Insp Andy Roberts.

"I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who saw the vehicle being abandoned in the west end area and the offenders making off on foot," he added.

Scarf over face
A 29-year-old local man arrested a short time after the incident remains in custody.

Officers are searching for the second offender who is described as male and white, wearing some form of headgear and scarf over his face.

A 31-year-old local woman also arrested on Wednesday in connection with the robbery has been released on bail to return to a police station later this month.

DCI Williams added: "Offences of this nature are fortunately rare and although no one was threatened or injured the incident has left staff in the post office shaken and distressed.

"On their behalf I would appeal to any person in the community who has any information to come forward and help us apprehend this person as soon as possible."
This post office is only a few miles away from me....
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
FairyFoot
Posts: 78
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
Gender: Female

Re: Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer rai

Post by FairyFoot »

One has been caught, been charged, and will appear in court next week. The police are still looking for a second individual.
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer rai

Post by andy2007 »

It's sickening when things like this happen. But at least this time no-one was injured.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
FairyFoot
Posts: 78
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
Gender: Female

Re: Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer rai

Post by FairyFoot »

A second individual has been arrested and been charged, bail refuseed. .

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... -32297092/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
FairyFoot
Posts: 78
Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
Gender: Female

Re: Talysarn post office: Police plea after sledgehammer rai

Post by FairyFoot »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-nort ... s-21362726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two men who carried out a robbery at a village post office in Gwynedd while armed with hammers have each been jailed for four years.
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.