ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

leave with a neighbour

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:
anTi wrote:I'm not doing it unless it meets my criteria...
You won't be doing it at all if the regulator doesn't give it the nod. :cuppa
Nodded today dv.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=47624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
anTi wrote:I'm not doing it unless it meets my criteria...
You won't be doing it at all if the regulator doesn't give it the nod. :cuppa
Nodded today dv.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=47624" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for that ft. Well it's pretty 11th hour and the tone of ofcom suggests they are less than enthusiastic about the scheme in general, particularly the opt out element. I can't say I'd be too enamoured having to stick something on my expensive front door.
gazzariah
Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by gazzariah »

dvbuk55 wrote:
anTi wrote:I'm not doing it unless it meets my criteria...
You won't be doing it at all if the regulator doesn't give it the nod. :cuppa
The nod has been given, 10 hour delivery spans just going backwards and forwards to get rid of your packets another roll over by a soft velvety union
one sheet cwu absorbs all. WHAT ABOUT MORE PACKET DELIVERY LESS DUTY P&Ls :arrrghhh
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by dvbuk55 »

gazzariah wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
anTi wrote:I'm not doing it unless it meets my criteria...
You won't be doing it at all if the regulator doesn't give it the nod. :cuppa
The nod has been given, 10 hour delivery spans just going backwards and forwards to get rid of your packets another roll over by a soft velvety union
one sheet cwu absorbs all. WHAT ABOUT MORE PACKET DELIVERY LESS DUTY P&Ls :arrrghhh
Although not a great admirer of the union I don't really see it as a roll over, more a levelling of the playing field - especially with the advent of TNT soon to be joining the CWU fold I would imagine, so we would be rivals in work and colleagues within the union :hmmmm that would make for interesting times in the event of industrial action wouldn't you say? :Very Happy
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Without giving us more delivery time it is a crazy, ill thought out idea. My manager said, with a straight face that he thought it wouldn't take any more time for us to leave with a neighbour.

So lets work this out...

At things are at the moment :-

Ring bell, wait for a minute, nobody in, write f/l. Minimum of 2 minutes for all of this at best. (guidelines may actually say you have to ring more than once, i can't remember now because i don't have time to ring more than once anymore)

Now with the new scheme :-

Ring bell, wait 30 secs, nobody in, walk to neighbour one. Minimum of 1.5 minutes for this

At first neighbour, ring bell, wait 30 secs nobody in, on to neighbour two. Minimum 1.5 minutes.

At second neighbour, ring bell, wait 30secs , nobody in, on to neighbour three. Minimum 1.5 minutes.

At neighbour three, ring bell, wait 30 seconds. Its a miracle, they are in! They take packet. Walk back to original address and leave card. Minimum of 2 minutes.

Total of 6.5 minutes for one packet with new scheme. Difference of 4.5 minutes! And my manager says i can try up to 5 neighbours!! What planet are these people on? No chance i am afraid, unless of course they want me to bring stuff back to the office.
Speedmeister
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by Speedmeister »

I won't be doing it either. The jokers keep me on a 20 hour contract - 4 hours over 5 days so I've got no chance of completing a walk - I then have to keep claiming overtime. I really think these planners/decision makers haven't got a brain cell between them.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
factorycat
Posts: 79
Joined: 19 Mar 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by factorycat »

Quick question regarding leaving parcels with neighbours.

I live on my walk..... Does this mean I can take any parcels I'm unable to deliver back to my house and either let my neighbour/s collect later in the evening.... Or I can pop back round when I know there in.
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by Toby Tyke »

factorycat wrote:Quick question regarding leaving parcels with neighbours.

I live on my walk..... Does this mean I can take any parcels I'm unable to deliver back to my house and either let my neighbour/s collect later in the evening.... Or I can pop back round when I know there in.
Do not do this ever.
If you do it once for someone the next time they have a parcel due they will be knocking on your door for it at all times.
Seen it happen to a guy who lives on his round trying to help people out and he gets pestered to death even when it's not royal fail delivering said items.
supersamuk
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Jul 2009, 18:12
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by supersamuk »

Putting this scheme into operation without giving us any extra time to deliver is usual royal mail idiocy. The choice is follow this to the letter and cut off or carry on as normal. I know which option my lino will choose as the cut offs add up.
Speedmeister
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by Speedmeister »

I've never actually been told about this new scheme anyway so I don't know anything about it. The only way I know about it is because it's been on this forum. :whistle
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by Stormproof »

This leave with a neighbour rubbish is'nt new http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 22&t=47253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
factorycat
Posts: 79
Joined: 19 Mar 2011, 16:31
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by factorycat »

Toby Tyke wrote:
factorycat wrote:Quick question regarding leaving parcels with neighbours.

I live on my walk..... Does this mean I can take any parcels I'm unable to deliver back to my house and either let my neighbour/s collect later in the evening.... Or I can pop back round when I know there in.
Do not do this ever.
If you do it once for someone the next time they have a parcel due they will be knocking on your door for it at all times.
Seen it happen to a guy who lives on his round trying to help people out and he gets pestered to death even when it's not royal fail delivering said items.
i understand what your saying....... But I still don't know if your "allowed" to do this??
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: leave with a neighbour

Post by fishtank »

factorycat wrote:But I still don't know if your "allowed" to do this??
No.
Appendix 3 of the Conduct Code clearly states that

a) Employees must be made aware that mail must NEVER be taken home at the end of a delivery.

Some poxy half-assed neighbour thing doesn't overrule that.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share