ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
combo_king
Posts: 96
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 22:40
Gender: Male

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by combo_king »

clashcityrocker wrote:No it was the fault of the jobsworth postie.
Whenever I get a surcharge for a customer I always check the letter against the template to make sure no error has been made.
And if I don't have time to do that I pay the surcharge out of my own pocket and take it as an advance against my xmas tip.
you pay it out yor own poket in advance of your tip, jeezo talk about crawling
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

combo_king wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:No it was the fault of the jobsworth postie.
Whenever I get a surcharge for a customer I always check the letter against the template to make sure no error has been made.
And if I don't have time to do that I pay the surcharge out of my own pocket and take it as an advance against my xmas tip.
you pay it out yor own poket in advance of your tip, jeezo talk about crawling
I think it was sarcasm he was using. Mind you he should have used this smiley but it would have ruined the joke.Image

Mind you, you could also be using irony Image

I am getting myself confused now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by andy2007 »

Stormproof wrote:
Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts
Does The Scum ever check the facts? :cuppa
No, they don't. :Sick :Sick
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by arnold cheshire »

somerset wrote::d'oh! Whose bright idea was it it to come up with size , weight policy? It must be raking in RM millions of pounds with the surcharge.I work in the callers office and am gettting fed up of apoligising to custumers.Bring back the old days of 1st and 2nd class stamps on a letter . End off!
this sizeing is in USA and canada as well
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by Stormproof »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
somerset wrote::d'oh! Whose bright idea was it it to come up with size , weight policy? It must be raking in RM millions of pounds with the surcharge.I work in the callers office and am gettting fed up of apoligising to custumers.Bring back the old days of 1st and 2nd class stamps on a letter . End off!
this sizeing is in USA and canada as well
and Europe.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by beanmuncha »

I think you should have to put a return address on by law and then send it back to the sender with the charge
i bet we have less mistakes, this has been about for 6yrs you think people would get the hang of it by now.
avenger
Posts: 74
Joined: 14 Sep 2012, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Sun do anti Postie story without checking facts

Post by avenger »

PhilthyPhil wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:No, all unpaid and underpaid mail is then treated as second class so that's what it's charged as. :Very Happy
Otherwise the likes of Hillary Ruffles might argue the sender knew it was a 'large letter', meant to put 69p second class on but in error was 9p short. :crazy:
I know most surcharged mail is treated as 2c because of the delay that surcharging causes. But that is not our fault, it is the senders fault for underpaying in the first place. It seems that by putting a 1c stamp on there it is clear that the senders intention is to send it 1c and so they have underpaid by 30p. Apparently in order to surcharge the 1c price we have to be able deliver the surcharge card the day after the item is posted. Since that is never going to happen we charge 2c price, unless it is over 1kg of cause.


they are charged at the rate of 2nd class
If an item had enough postage to cover 2nd class postage,then it wouldnt be surcharged