The same as last year thenDB1100 wrote:I've just found out that this year d2d's are carrying on right through Christmas,no break,as I look into my crystal ball I see cutoffs galore.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long to prep door 2 doors?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2976
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
I agree. As posted earlier. Sometimes, as in this week, you get good ones to prep. Not so in other weeks. Certain pizza companies spring to mind here. it does of course depend also on the frame, double slots etc. Have personally had a situation where a contract wasn't on the list for the week, even though the sticker was correctly printed up.fishtank wrote:The number of D2D are entered into the IWT which will adjust the expected prep time of your duty.heapsy wrote:I don't believe RM when they say they have been factored in to prep time etc etc. How can they be if you don't know how many you are getting from 1 week to the next?.
There are two versions of IWT,one is a forecast version which uses the expected D2D and the forecasted traffic from the Delivered Traffic Forecasting Tool(DTFT)to produce a resourcing model in advance(at least 3 weeks) which should be used at Weekly Resourcing Meetings with the rep.
The other is the live version of the IWT which should be populated daily with the real traffic figures and D2D.
The problem managers have is do you micro manage to the point of adjusting prep times on a weekly or even daily basis or do you go with an average prep time and firefight any issues as they appear?
To be honest heapsy i think it's better from an OPG point of view to ignore the science and go with the idea that they take as long as they take and if that means cutting off so be it.
I don't think we want to go down the alternative of being told on a daily basis exactly how much time this flawed and inaccurate tool tells us we have to prep.
-
capricorn
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 17:12
- Location: CHESHIRE
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
Remember, Remenber the 5th of NOVEMBER 
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
We didn't have any at all for 3 weeks,whether that was luck or not I don't know,but it's strange for the whole office not to get any so maybe not the same as last year eh.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The same as last year thenDB1100 wrote:I've just found out that this year d2d's are carrying on right through Christmas,no break,as I look into my crystal ball I see cutoffs galore.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
I hope not we had 2 for Christmas week IIRC.DB1100 wrote:We didn't have any at all for 3 weeks,whether that was luck or not I don't know,but it's strange for the whole office not to get any so maybe not the same as last year eh.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The same as last year thenDB1100 wrote:I've just found out that this year d2d's are carrying on right through Christmas,no break,as I look into my crystal ball I see cutoffs galore.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sharkeyes
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 18:47
- Gender: Male
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
I am Cheesed off with bloody Farmfoods and if I see Carole Vorderman again
this month, I'll go sick.
-
SF
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midlands.
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
It takes me 25-30 mins to throw off a row of 6 households. I do it near enough every week.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
Christ,you get 6 most weeks ffsSF wrote:It takes me 25-30 mins to throw off a row of 6 households. I do it near enough every week.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
We've got newspapers,sports shop magazine and 2 others this week,it's a nightmare really don't want these at Christmas.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I hope not we had 2 for Christmas week IIRC.DB1100 wrote:We didn't have any at all for 3 weeks,whether that was luck or not I don't know,but it's strange for the whole office not to get any so maybe not the same as last year eh.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The same as last year thenDB1100 wrote:I've just found out that this year d2d's are carrying on right through Christmas,no break,as I look into my crystal ball I see cutoffs galore.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
That is 1/4 a day instead of 1/6th that you are supposed to do.SF wrote:It takes me 25-30 mins to throw off a row of 6 households. I do it near enough every week.
-
mondeo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
- Gender: Male
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
dam things should be banned,they are a pain in the arse 
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
Why?? They're just work, you wouldn't say the same about letters or packets, we're paid for 8 hours (or whatever hours you're on) and RM fill up that time and if there's too much............then cut offmondeo1 wrote:dam things should be banned,they are a pain in the arse
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2976
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
Or use the system against them and book the overtime created by doing the job properly.DGP1 wrote:Why?? They're just work, you wouldn't say the same about letters or packets, we're paid for 8 hours (or whatever hours you're on) and RM fill up that time and if there's too much............then cut offmondeo1 wrote:dam things should be banned,they are a pain in the arse
-
whatamess!!
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
- Gender: Female
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
I agree the time built in for D2D'S is insufficient. But why do some moan about getting the D2D's over christmas? The agreement quite clearly states delivered 52 weeks of the year. The delivery supplement has no bearing on D2D's it's not for D2D's it's just a delivery supplement. I would suggest that RM wanted no extra payment as they were going into workload, No one was being asked to work more than 8 hours. The CWU got us a supplement of £20.60 which increases with Annual pay rises. Now the D2D payments never increased, they were generally 1.67p per item for years. People make comparisons on how much money they are losing on them having 6 contracts, we only ever got paid for 3 contracts, The extra D2D work was to maintain and protect F/T work and should be built into work load.
The CWU do need to do something about the timing values as different size and shapes of D2D's do causes problems and take longer to prep, I believe live test are ongoing as we write.
At first the D2D issue I did not like and in some ways I still don't, but I do believe people need to look at the bigger picture and sometimes understand the negotiation position the CWU started with.
3 contracts x 600 DP'S = 1800
1800 X 1.67P = £30.06
Now we never got 3 contracts every week, so the £30.06 looks like a loss. But when you consider you still get the supplement when your on leave £21 x 6 =£126. You did not get paid D2D when you were on leave. Whether you get 1 contract or 6 you always get the £21.
The CWU do sometimes deserve credit!!
All you haters find your rep or area rep tomorrow and join or rejoin the CWU. The fight is just beginning, as was said at the national briefing today. The Royal mail would be a hell of a lot worse if the CWU were not around, perhaps some should turn there attention to royal mail and the crap they keep trying to pull
.
One day you may look back and wish you did more!!

The CWU do need to do something about the timing values as different size and shapes of D2D's do causes problems and take longer to prep, I believe live test are ongoing as we write.
At first the D2D issue I did not like and in some ways I still don't, but I do believe people need to look at the bigger picture and sometimes understand the negotiation position the CWU started with.
3 contracts x 600 DP'S = 1800
1800 X 1.67P = £30.06
Now we never got 3 contracts every week, so the £30.06 looks like a loss. But when you consider you still get the supplement when your on leave £21 x 6 =£126. You did not get paid D2D when you were on leave. Whether you get 1 contract or 6 you always get the £21.
The CWU do sometimes deserve credit!!
All you haters find your rep or area rep tomorrow and join or rejoin the CWU. The fight is just beginning, as was said at the national briefing today. The Royal mail would be a hell of a lot worse if the CWU were not around, perhaps some should turn there attention to royal mail and the crap they keep trying to pull
One day you may look back and wish you did more!!
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2976
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Re: How long to prep door 2 doors?
Good post. Having been in the job a long time I know the D2Ds were slow to increase in payment. I think only twice have they done so in over 20 years of service I've put in. Getting paid every week is also a good thing, far less fuctuation in weekly pay figures. I think the only real issue, for me at least was the drop from £26 something down to about £8. Assuming only the basic pay rate was due. More if higher rates were payable. This is taking in to consideration that we were already being paid about £12 ish for early shift payments. Incidentally, this WAS pensionable and there was a drop in our pension contributions when the change was made over to the new system, so a slight loss in benefit there.whatamess!! wrote:I agree the time built in for D2D'S is insufficient. But why do some moan about getting the D2D's over christmas? The agreement quite clearly states delivered 52 weeks of the year. The delivery supplement has no bearing on D2D's it's not for D2D's it's just a delivery supplement. I would suggest that RM wanted no extra payment as they were going into workload, No one was being asked to work more than 8 hours. The CWU got us a supplement of £20.60 which increases with Annual pay rises. Now the D2D payments never increased, they were generally 1.67p per item for years. People make comparisons on how much money they are losing on them having 6 contracts, we only ever got paid for 3 contracts, The extra D2D work was to maintain and protect F/T work and should be built into work load.
The CWU do need to do something about the timing values as different size and shapes of D2D's do causes problems and take longer to prep, I believe live test are ongoing as we write.
At first the D2D issue I did not like and in some ways I still don't, but I do believe people need to look at the bigger picture and sometimes understand the negotiation position the CWU started with.
3 contracts x 600 DP'S = 1800
1800 X 1.67P = £30.06
Now we never got 3 contracts every week, so the £30.06 looks like a loss. But when you consider you still get the supplement when your on leave £21 x 6 =£126. You did not get paid D2D when you were on leave. Whether you get 1 contract or 6 you always get the £21.
The CWU do sometimes deserve credit!!![]()
All you haters find your rep or area rep tomorrow and join or rejoin the CWU. The fight is just beginning, as was said at the national briefing today. The Royal mail would be a hell of a lot worse if the CWU were not around, perhaps some should turn there attention to royal mail and the crap they keep trying to pull.
One day you may look back and wish you did more!!![]()