I agree. To address the uninformed there won't be any business's taking over the Shrewsbury MC site as the DO the fleet and collections are to remain on site under the review teams proposal. Add to this that 2 x CSS machines are to stay,i would guess that it would qualify for MPU status.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I didn't post as a Moderator. I posted as an ordinary member. As a Moderator I am still entitled to opinions, and to post them. I even give everyone a clear message when I am moderating by using a tag line in my signature.
Can we now get back to the topic of the MC, rather than bringing it down to a personal level. Thats a more important issue than who works there, and what my job is on RMC.
With the exception of 3 x CSS operators required to run the machines, all processing will cease. Again to address the uninformed, the projected savings are £8 million..pretty good eh?.. there's a catch, there always is. This saving and may I add the CWU are disputing the figure due to various discrepancies, will not be realised for at least 5 years and then it's not guaranteed.
The mail will be sent to Cardiff, Chester, Wolverhampton, Chester being the key as 60% of the mail processed at Shrewbury is SY coded. TF codes are to go to Wolves, 30% of the mail, and LD codes to Cardiff 10%.
I think it goes without saying that no one from Shrewsbury is going to travel to Cardiff, so they expect an already failing MC to absorb the work and thus up productivity. Wolves is nearer to Shrewsbury, about 36 miles from the MC, but only 30% of the work is to be moved there , so the management would prefer the same to apply to Wolves as Cardiff, simply to absorb the mail into the current staffing levels.
Now, as mentioned in a previous post, Chester is an 86 mile round trip from Shrewsbury on not very good A roads.Journey time by road is 1hr 15 mins, by public transport, 1 hr 30mins, but the review team only want 50 staff to follow the work from Shrewsbury to Chester, the rest, just over 100 post people, they expect to take VR. What happened to the much publicised no compulsory redundancies agreement?
Let's be honest, the previous CEO had more paid to him in bonuses and spent more on office furniture that this so called review will save the company.To add another point to business's not needing an MC near to them, well I'm informed that if this review ends in what the company wants, it will make Shropshire the only county in the country without a Mail Centre.
At the risk of invoking the wrath of TBT, I would ask the likes of Lizard and Dodger, postmen and colleagues, if they still advocate the proposed closure of Shrewsbury MC?...The floors open.