ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie win makes DO Scotlands luckiest workplace

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postie win makes DO Scotlands luckiest workplace

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Royal Mail postie win makes delivery office Scotland’s luckiest workplace

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... es-1324565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A ROYAL Mail delivery office has become Scotland’s luckiest ­workplace after staff won a six-figure sum for the third time.

Postie Jamie Shewan bagged £103,000 when five numbers and the bonus ball came up in Wednesday’s lotto draw.

He follows a syndicate of 20 who won £136,000 in 2000 and another postman who won more than £300,000 in 1995.

They all worked at the same office in Buckie, Banffshire, and, like Jamie, had five numbers and the bonus ball.

Jamie, 35, who lives in the town where he works, can’t believe so many Royal Mail workers are now quids in.

He said: “I looked up teletext on Thursday morning and was jumping for joy when I saw my numbers.

“I woke the whole street up. It’s incredible the amount of winners we’ve had from the same delivery office.

“I know the guy who won £300,000. He’s still working as a postman and some of the syndicate are still here as well.

“We must be the luckiest work in ­Scotland.”

Jamie, who is single, plays right-back for Highland League side Buckie Thistle and is in his testimonial season after 11 years at the club.

Club manager Gary Hake said: “No one deserves this more than Jamie.

“I phoned him up and told him to be sensible with the money as he’d have a lot of new friends in Buckie.

“He said, ‘Gaffer, all I’m interested in is us getting three points on Saturday.’”

Jamie vowed to keep working and wants to keep the Vauxhall Corsa that he has had for four years. However, he is thinking about buying a new house.

He does have one big plan for his cash – a trip to Brazil in 2014.

He said: “I’ve never been abroad so I’m planning to go to the World Cup, although I don’t think it will be to see Scotland.”

A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: “To have three in one office is extremely lucky and all of their colleagues around Scotland will be hoping that their luck rubs off on them.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Postie win makes DO Scotlands luckiest workplace

Post by POSTMAN »

Woteva,stoooooopid news story. :so there
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Postie win makes DO Scotlands luckiest workplace

Post by Lounge Lizard »

POSTMAN wrote:Woteva,stoooooopid news story. :so there
Yes, it doesn't say if they all spend half their wages on lottery tickets. :shock:
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Postie win makes DO Scotlands luckiest workplace

Post by Straight4ward »

POSTMAN wrote:Woteva,stoooooopid news story. :so there
Just because they turned down your transfer request, no need to be moody. :chuckle
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Postie win makes DO Scotlands luckiest workplace

Post by maisymoo04 »

WE WON A TENNER :Very Happy
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"