Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
A little bit of punctuation wouldn't have gone amiss:
I think he means some are in early (paid) to advance the IPS.
"Other tossers" come in early (unpaid).
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
some get paid - usually the full-time IPS sorters but others (usually PT come in early) and do not get paid - that is the gist of the post. Of course, the full time/part time bit is my own addition and that is not even universal - I know full timers that come in early and not get paid and p/t that come in early and get paid...
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
how can you be in an hour early working your break ?
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
how can you be in an hour early working your break ?
Are you down the dog & duck on wifi?
He,obviously,forgot,something,when,he,wrote,it,i'll,have,a,word,with,him.
EDIT:Didn't see Clash's original reply.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
The guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting are Getting paid, but the other tossers coming in early throwing their boxes off is not getting paid, got it, get it, good.
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
The guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting are Getting paid, but the other tossers coming in early throwing their boxes off is not getting paid, got it, get it, good.
some cant sleep or come in early cause theyve dropped their wife off at work and there no point going home cause its too far GET IT
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
The guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting are Getting paid, but the other tossers coming in early throwing their boxes off is not getting paid, got it, get it, good.
some cant sleep or come in early cause theyve dropped their wife off at work and there no point going home cause its too far GET IT
How does that justify starting early on a regular basis? LOL
Can't sleep or have just dropped off family closer to work than home? Drive to a local park and enjoy nature with an early morning walk, while sipping a flask of coffee/tea, until it is time to start work at your official start time!
Ossie From Preston wrote:Same in my office the the guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting (Getting paid) others tossers are in a hour early working their break and are still out as the final time approaches where I came in bang on time took my forty minutes break and always cut off when I need to do, the thing is once 4/5 lots of D2Ds come in and they stop the one hour special IPS sorting then it might hit home, but I'm having the better laugh at the moment, one thing that does annoy them is cracking jokes to them like "what time is your alarm set for 1am" or add up the hours in the year they work free and change it to money.
so are they getting paid or working for free ???? you said there getting paid then you say the are working for free
The guys are in one hour early on the IPS sorting are Getting paid, but the other tossers coming in early throwing their boxes off is not getting paid, got it, get it, good.
some cant sleep or come in early cause theyve dropped their wife off at work and there no point going home cause its too far GET IT
How does that justify starting early on a regular basis? LOL
Can't sleep or have just dropped off family closer to work than home? Drive to a local park and enjoy nature with an early morning walk, while sipping a flask of coffee/tea, until it is time to start work at your official start time!
Damm shame, I had to cut off again because my driver wanted to cut off.
No way for me to get back to the office if I finished my round off or to get my pda and undelivered packets back as day off tommorrow.
Shame
Manager said to me today, 'but I cannot stop people coming in early' ... That was in response to me telling him, my partner and I are going to go well over again. Initially, he said the same applies to the other guys but we are just about 5 minutes into start time and there was already a packet bag at my frame and the IPS slots are beginning to fill up.
I told him that the folks have been in early and he can go and look at their frames and see that some have laready thrown in the D2D and sequenced mail... He was talking bull as usual; but he could not back things up; so he said ' just try your best'. D*ckhe&d I bet next time, he will pretend again not to understand the situation and start making unfair comparisons.
Coming in early because I take my GF to work is one I had for a few weeks with a 24-hour partner. He comes in so early (1+hours) that he puts me under pressure. He starts throwing out as soon as he comes instead letting the FTs do their job and he is well ready before me... He is a sweet guy but he is f***ing up the job because when he is not working with me, the FTs still stop throwing out early and then I get fooked cos manager has to find someone to finish or he does it himself (with disastrous consequences).
chrisj
your DOM says "he cant stop them coming in early"
But tell him " but you can stop calling me lazy and slow because I start on time and have a meal relief and use a l/w trolley"
In a year of doing P/L I've heard it all,
"There more organised than you"
"You can't be working as a team"
"Your throwing off is too slow"
"trolleys are not slower than bags on the shoulder"
Dont give in to the bullying they are hoping that you will want an easier life and come in early as well