ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
working before your time
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: working before your time
I remember quite a few years ago there was this sad mother fooker(who had no life or friends at work) who at Christmas pressure time every year would come in ...wait for it......two hours before his start time
..he went on to become a manager,but didn't last long......i used to work on nights sorting and tipping i could never understand why a young 20 year old lad would want to come into work so early each day..giving the company 2 hours each day....

-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: working before your time
I think every office has one.postypie wrote:I remember quite a few years ago there was this sad mother fooker(who had no life or friends at work) who at Christmas pressure time every year would come in ...wait for it......two hours before his start time:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: working before your time
Where is the like button on here?bandit650 wrote:Anyone who starts early should still be made to work their time,no going home or i came in early or i have not had my meal break,tuff you can work till the end of the shift,all we need is for some managers to grow some,the reason managers do nout about it is they are the ones that do them all the little favors so they don't want to rock the boat,it's rubbish they should make everyone work their time that way no arguments.
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: working before your time
I never start early...otherwise id have time to do my lapse ha ha...Ossie From Preston wrote:Where is the like button on here?bandit650 wrote:Anyone who starts early should still be made to work their time,no going home or i came in early or i have not had my meal break,tuff you can work till the end of the shift,all we need is for some managers to grow some,the reason managers do nout about it is they are the ones that do them all the little favors so they don't want to rock the boat,it's rubbish they should make everyone work their time that way no arguments.
Toon Army!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: working before your time
Nearly everyone comes in early in my office. I don't get it. I walk in 5-10 mins late most days, prep my sequenced mail and am still on the IPS by the scheduled time. I have no idea what they do in this time, I would much rather be in bed :)
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: working before your time
I'm usually late as well. Very rarely early. And if I ever am early, I spend the time wandering around the office catching up with people I hardly get the chance to speak to during work-time. I'd say 90% of part-timers start at least five minutes early at our office. Obviously I've no idea about full-timers, but because our sections start at different times, I've been told by a few of the FTers who start earliest that many of their colleagues from the later-starting sections are already at work WHEN THEY ARRIVE. Hence there is definitely a fair few FTers who are doing the same.PhilthyPhil wrote:Nearly everyone comes in early in my office. I don't get it. I walk in 5-10 mins late most days, prep my sequenced mail and am still on the IPS by the scheduled time. I have no idea what they do in this time, I would much rather be in bed :)
Why?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: working before your time
F e a r
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: working before your time
How very true,people who come in early at our place aren't subjected to tests,it might surprise people on here that I am quite argumentative and so far have been i.p tested, parcel tested,prep tested once and due another one funny enough I have never been walk tested.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:F e a r
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Redyam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
- Gender: Male
Re: working before your time
I'm full time, and quite often there are part timers in before I am. And they haven't been asked to come in. I just don't get it either, I'd rather sleep longer! What's the point in working and not getting paid?
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: working before your time
That just shows what poor quality management we have on RM,it also shows that job and knock is still there as they are coming in before time, they should be asked to go sit in the rest area or your managers should admit those duties are not part time,the work is there so it would also suggest that you don't have enough body's there to do the work,the other side of the coin is do they allow you to come and go as you please?Redyam wrote:I'm full time, and quite often there are part timers in before I am. And they haven't been asked to come in. I just don't get it either, I'd rather sleep longer! What's the point in working and not getting paid?
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: working before your time
You'll also find a lot of these people are either sucking up to management and do docket too I bet... "oh sir, sir, pick me sir.. pick me. I'll do docket for you sir!" These are nearly always the ones out of the door first and complete their own deliveries and do docket and are home when others are back either on their time or just past it and/or have to cut off.
IF everyone started at the correct time and didn't come in early but actually worked their hours without taking shortcuts etc then you'd see management sphincters puckering like there was no tomorrow!
IF everyone started at the correct time and didn't come in early but actually worked their hours without taking shortcuts etc then you'd see management sphincters puckering like there was no tomorrow!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: working before your time
Wouldn't make a difference as they'd be long gone.Ossie From Preston wrote:Hold all your misorts till the very end then let the manager explain why they are there when he gets audited that may solve coming in early and rushing out like a mad man.
To finish early. It's as simple as that.Redyam wrote:I'm full time, and quite often there are part timers in before I am. And they haven't been asked to come in. I just don't get it either, I'd rather sleep longer! What's the point in working and not getting paid?