Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination in Margate Old Town
http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Bizarrely-w ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DAY trippers from London set the Royal Mail a bit of puzzle when they tried to trace a shop in Margate they had visited.
The couple couldn't remember the name or address of the shop in the Old Town for their envelope.
They wrote "Please Try to Find. To:- The Shop that Sells Beautiful Sequin and Laced Umbrellas, Tulip Shaped Lampshades and Large Vases etc."
Margate Old Town has many shops that could match the couple's description and the location they added wasn't much more of a help for workers in the Sorting Office.
Scribbled on the envelope was: "In the Old Market Square, Possibly with a small name over the shop, on the bend of a road near seating and flowers, Margate, Kent".
Their cryptic letter proved a challenge for the Royal Mail but after much head-scratching and questions from the postman, remarkably the envelope was eventually delivered to the owner of the shop, Qing Art.
Owner, Anne Marie Nixy remarked "When the Post Office is good, it's really good and a huge thank you to Beaux Interieurs who thought of me when this was delivered.
"The customers, on a day trip from London wanted to buy more umbrellas but couldn't remember the name or address of the shop.
"Well, they found me!"
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32803
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
Why would ANYONE want to go on a day trip to Margate.
Well,maybe to give Margie a clip round the ear.
Well,maybe to give Margie a clip round the ear.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
That's nasty PM
Although, I get badly addressed post all the time...........never once thought of going to the press about it though, I either know it or it's endorsed and sent to the RLC.
Although, I get badly addressed post all the time...........never once thought of going to the press about it though, I either know it or it's endorsed and sent to the RLC.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
FairyFoot
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
- Gender: Female
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
I used to go - for the half-penny slots, and to the theme park, I loved that wooden rollercoaster.
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
-
FairyFoot
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
- Gender: Female
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
Does a Lord Vetinari work for RM?
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
Who are you kidding POSTMAN, everyone knows about your annual beano!POSTMAN wrote:Why would ANYONE want to go on a day trip to Margate.![]()
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16702
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
If you are uncircumsized, shagging on the beach is a dangerous pastime.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
Uncircumised or not, I would have thought that shagging on a crowded beach was a risky pastime.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
Hardly a feat of achievement, market place in the old town does'nt have many shops. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=market ... 05,,0,0.15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
More a grain of discomfort, then?Stormproof wrote:Hardly a feat of achievement, market place in the old town does'nt have many shops.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Bizarrely worded letter still finds its destination
"I used to go - for the half-penny slots"Straight4ward wrote:Who are you kidding POSTMAN, everyone knows about your annual beano!POSTMAN wrote:Why would ANYONE want to go on a day trip to Margate.![]()