http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Ro ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ONCE again I read about the incompetence of Stoke-on-Trent's Royal Mail (Sentinel, August 27.
I definitely agree with every complaint that Mr and Mrs Ball of Basford have raised.
Months ago, I told you about fathers pushing prams, then found out they were hard-working postmen.
How this system can be more sensible than the pouch on the shoulder is beyond me.
They are left unattended while the postman goes up various paths.
One was left outside The Trent Tavern public house for almost five minutes.
Only last week, one was parked right outside my neighbour's house. It was almost 10 minutes before a young lady appeared.
I asked her if she was all right. Yes, she said, but was confused, as she had not done this area before.
I felt sorry for her. Bad training by the Post Office.
The money we pay for the delivery service is expensive.
The Stoke delivery office needs to get its finger out.
Next time I see a pram unattended, I could be inclined to take letters home, then return them to the office, but then I would be charged with stealing.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail must end 'pram' plan
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail must end 'pram' plan
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail must end 'pram' plan
you have a very good point there apart from one bit the price you pay is still way to cheap
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Royal Mail must end 'pram' plan
"Only last week, one was parked right outside my neighbour's house. It was almost 10 minutes before a young lady appeared"
A lot can happen in ten minutes ?
Breakfast ? 
A lot can happen in ten minutes ?
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3352
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail must end 'pram' plan
The writer of this article should try carrying a bag for their working life before defending it. Every member of the public who's seen me with an LWT has correctly figured I'll be able to retire a few decades from now with working shoulders. Maybe they'd change their mind if I left it unattended and out of line of sight for 10 minutesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:How this system can be more sensible than the pouch on the shoulder is beyond me.
The machine stops.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Royal Mail must end 'pram' plan
Of course everything our observant Roy says is true.He needs to stop this voyeurism before it gets him in trouble.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
