ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Never thought it would happen at our place
-
ronpetetrevchris
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 17:55
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
Time and again practices like this are exposed on a public forum, terrible breaches of service for the customer and yet i still see nothing on the news or papers etc, have all the journalists been jailed or something or does nobody care anymore except us posties?
-
obscurityknocks
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 12:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
I think it's more to do with the worry of losing your job if you contact the press etc. Not allowed to take photos anymore in our office so no way of proving things like what's been said here.ronpetetrevchris wrote:Time and again practices like this are exposed on a public forum, terrible breaches of service for the customer and yet i still see nothing on the news or papers etc, have all the journalists been jailed or something or does nobody care anymore except us posties?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
You've hit the nail on the head rptc, the customer has been aclimatised to a worse service year on year for the last five years or more and they just don't care anymore and it is definitely no longer newsworthy. The next time we'll be in the news will be on privatisation, no doubt taking a lambasting for a crap service brought about by a lazy workforce.ronpetetrevchris wrote:Time and again practices like this are exposed on a public forum, terrible breaches of service for the customer and yet i still see nothing on the news or papers etc, have all the journalists been jailed or something or does nobody care anymore except us posties?
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
Perhaps you could enlighten us with a summary of what YOU have sent to this address.clashcityrocker wrote:justsayit@royalmail.com
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
That's a very strange request.*xen* wrote:Perhaps you could enlighten us with a summary of what YOU have sent to this address.clashcityrocker wrote:justsayit@royalmail.com
Why would you want that? And what would you do with it?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
I guess I'm calling your bluff.clashcityrocker wrote:That's a very strange request.*xen* wrote:Perhaps you could enlighten us with a summary of what YOU have sent to this address.clashcityrocker wrote:justsayit@royalmail.com
Why would you want that? And what would you do with it?
So, what have you directly highlighted to our illustrious leader,and what, if any, was the response?
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
Calling my bluff?*xen* wrote:
I guess I'm calling your bluff.
So, what have you directly highlighted to our illustrious leader,and what, if any, was the response?
Or asking me to identify myself?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
I'm sure you can talk in general terms if you're that paranoid chum.
Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
I've used it and had some results.
One problem i've encountered though is when i as for a specific procedure clarification due to what i read on here they ask me for the office in question where the problem is,which of course i can't give........or the cruds send me an intranet link.
As a rule,if you're getting s**t,you wanna grass,be prepared to at least name the office the s**t is in.
One problem i've encountered though is when i as for a specific procedure clarification due to what i read on here they ask me for the office in question where the problem is,which of course i can't give........or the cruds send me an intranet link.
As a rule,if you're getting s**t,you wanna grass,be prepared to at least name the office the s**t is in.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
“Paranoid Chum – top breeders recommend it.”I'm sure you can talk in general terms if you're that paranoid chum.
Interesting approach Mr Xen, though if you are really interested in what happens when you use that channel then there’s no substitute for first-hand experience.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
In my brief time with Royal Mail I have slowly realised the true state of affairs. From my perspective, it is an ill-managed, chaotic, and grossly unfair mess.
I was just interested if the very senior management really give a s**t.
I was just interested if the very senior management really give a s**t.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
Do you have to ask of course they do!*xen* wrote:In my brief time with Royal Mail I have slowly realised the true state of affairs. From my perspective, it is an ill-managed, chaotic, and grossly unfair mess.
I was just interested if the very senior management really give a s**t.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
When you send an email there you get a signed email from Moya saying that she has personally passed your email onto someone else i.e. bullshit.*xen* wrote:Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
They ahould make it a rule that no manager can go home on Saturdays till the last person is back from delivery, most offices the manager goes home after the last person has GONE OUT on deliveryLounge Lizard wrote:Except perhaps in SPDOs where the last one to return locks up on a Saturday, like I did yesterday.DGP1 wrote:No office should ever close before the last person has returned.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Never thought it would happen at our place
I have mailed ..and got a response.monkeymutha wrote:When you send an email there you get a signed email from Moya saying that she has personally passed your email onto someone else i.e. bullshit.*xen* wrote:Just interested to know what happens (if anything) when that particular communication channel is used.
A very good friend mailed ... and got their job and hours back..
So, maybe sometimes it does work