http://www.logisticsmanager.com/Article ... arget.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail delivered 97.1 per cent of standard retail parcels on time versus a target of 90 per cent in the second quarter of 2012, according to research by TNS.
It also beat its target of delivering 98.5 per cent of Second Class mail within three working days of posting, but was below target on first class mail.
Some 92.9 per cent of first class mail was delivered the next working day after posting, just below the 93 per cent target.
Royal Mail is currently going through a major transformation programme with new technology and better equipment is being deployed nationwide and the working practices of postmen and women are changing.
Mark Higson, managing director of operations and modernisation, said: “Our postmen and women have surpassed two of the three key quality targets and narrowly missed the third, against the backdrop of one of the biggest industrial transformation programmes ever undertaken in the UK.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail beats parcels target
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Royal Mail beats parcels target
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Royal Mail beats parcels target
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail beats parcels target
If this is true, and I’m well aware how figures can be manipulated, then perhaps we are getting something right?
With letters declining and packets the growth area then shouldn’t we be concentrating our efforts on this sector?
This is where we face direct competition so we need to be every bit as good as our competitors, if not better.
Right, I think I’m going in on Monday and telling the DOM “f*ck the letters” I’m concentrating on the packets from now on.
With letters declining and packets the growth area then shouldn’t we be concentrating our efforts on this sector?
This is where we face direct competition so we need to be every bit as good as our competitors, if not better.
Right, I think I’m going in on Monday and telling the DOM “f*ck the letters” I’m concentrating on the packets from now on.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Royal Mail beats parcels target
Parcels are beginning to mount up again at my office, the managers just say leave them concentrate on the letters. Will be even worse next week as Autumn pressure kicks in and there is another 120 hours being cut from the office 
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum