monkeymutha wrote:No one will speak to you. You will be ignored. Try to get a map of your boss though before you get sent out on your own on your first day (if he can work out how to print one off that is).
You speak for yourself,i always try and talk to the new Lambs to the Slaughter.
Yeah same here. I am a fairly new lamb to the slaughter. Just talking from experience. Why will it be a busy week whoever said that?
Start of Autumn pressure, next flood of Xmas Catalogues, schools reopening - it traditionally starts ramping up from August bank holiday till March.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Your experience of your first working fortnight at Royal Mail (pleasant, or otherwise) will largely depend on whether or not your manager is a total c*ck-end. It's unfortunate, then, that at Royal Mail there are more c*ck-ends than at a gloryhole convention.
I've recently started (back in mid july) Its not too bad! just prepare for some LONG days. As I am on part time duties I have to take a lot of excess the regulars can't carry so Im working to about 5 everyday. Money is alright though, and its nice on a sunny day (providing you're not swamped in packets)
Yes mate I often turn down any extra work they offer me and refuse to take out any specials before my duty. I've quickly come to realise if you come across as a pushover your managers will send you out with have of the office's cutoffs and happily keep you working all afternoon/evening. I've come from a job that offered no OT and only kept me on a 12hr contract for about 4 years. So im getting in as much OT here as possible (Without looking like a pushover)
thanks for all the tips luckily i know the area really well have already got a street map book hopefully ill be alrite im looking forward to it but know im gonna be sore for a while until i get used to it. any idea on how quickly we are given the uniforms as well
kirstyx wrote:thanks for all the tips luckily i know the area really well have already got a street map book hopefully ill be alrite im looking forward to it but know im gonna be sore for a while until i get used to it. any idea on how quickly we are given the uniforms as well
Uniforms can take anything from 3 days to 3 months to arrive, depending upon whether your manager has the time (and the budget) to order it for you . Mind you I hear you can do it yourself online now