ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prankster
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Re: swear words on post
had a packet once with "mr bum boy" as the name, made me laugh, some one doing it for a joke, no one in so i put that on the 739, made me laugh and made the lads in the room of doom too, when he came for it "oh mr bum boy is it?' lol
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: swear words on post
There are lots of names to get offended by.........Paul Mycock, Dan Gleeballs, Tess Tickle etc. but how do people know if they're real names or not?
Mr F**k Off could well be Mr Faulkesov but just badly done.

Mr F**k Off could well be Mr Faulkesov but just badly done.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Stuart Murray
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 24 Apr 2012, 19:55
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
edited post.
Last edited by Stuart Murray on 17 Aug 2012, 21:57, edited 2 times in total.
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
I had one only last week,A tracked parcel and a piece of airmail,As he took the packet i said "There's also a letter for you adressed to the biggest Gay f**k in Britain" He was laughing his head off and so was i
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: swear words on post
'Mike Hunt' causes the occasional laugh as do all those postcards of the Cerne Giant.

-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: swear words on post
He finds that offensive, but rather than keeping it to himself he contacts the Worcester News so that up to 15,000 of their readers are offended too.Theghost wrote:What a loser,Just wanting his 5 minutes of fame.
Am i to believe this toad works in an office where nobody swears?
I find this absolutely ridiculous,What does he do if he gets a rude postcard?
Does he go to bed at 9pm just incase someone swears after the watershed?
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: swear words on post
Mr Goodey Fu cking Two Shoes
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: swear words on post
'When Mr Nicholls took his children to see Meet the Fockers he said he couldn’t even say the name of the film.
“I had to call it ‘meet the parents’,” he said'
I, for one, f***ing love this guy!
“I had to call it ‘meet the parents’,” he said'
I, for one, f***ing love this guy!
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
briantwigley
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 18:24
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
Good to see he broke the official secrets act and went to the papers. Get MI5 on the case
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: swear words on post
I'm shocked that he took his children to see this film.ElvisGaddafi wrote:'When Mr Nicholls took his children to see Meet the Fockers he said he couldn’t even say the name of the film.
“I had to call it ‘meet the parents’,” he said'
I, for one, f***ing love this guy!
Might they not have caught sight of some offensive graffiti on the way to the Worcester cinema ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
From Worcester one might have expected him to appreciate something saucy like this.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/loc ... ranksters/
A WORCESTER postman has spoken of his shock when he discovered a letter in his bag addressed to a Mr F *** Off.
Douglas Nicholls was doing his rounds in Hallow when the large letter appeared.
The experienced postman delivered the letter but couldn’t stop thinking about the offensive language.
The 53-year-old, of Warndon Villages in Worcester, said: “I couldn’t believe it when I saw the address. Even after 32 years working as postman I have never had anything like this.”
Inside the offensive envelope was a promotional Olympic Scrapbook sent out by the Times and Sunday Times.
Mr Nicholls said: “I delivered it at about noon on Friday. But afterwards I started thinking about it and felt even more offended.”
He returned to the house and spoke to the woman living there, who does not wish to be named.
“She told me she had thrown it away as she didn’t order it,” he said. “I asked if I could have it and she got it for me. I was very offended because I never swear. I have been brought up not to swear.”
When Mr Nicholls took his children to see Meet the Fockers he said he couldn’t even say the name of the film.
“I had to call it ‘meet the parents’,” he said. “If I had said the name of the film I would have had to pay my kids £5. That is why it shocked me so much.”
It is thought the rude name made it through the system because the prankster who input the name included a space between the first two letters of the offending word.
A Times and Sunday Times spokesman said: “While we have screening processes in place to ensure offensive language is not used in mailings, it was not picked up in this case because of the letter spacing used in the name.
“We apologise for any upset caused, and we are investigating ways to avoid this situation from occurring in the future.”
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
1 post removed as it divulged information which was both of a personal nature and of no value to RMC.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
As am I now!!Lounge Lizard wrote:He finds that offensive, but rather than keeping it to himself he contacts the Worcester News so that up to 15,000 of their readers are offended too.Theghost wrote:What a loser,Just wanting his 5 minutes of fame.
Am i to believe this toad works in an office where nobody swears?
I find this absolutely ridiculous,What does he do if he gets a rude postcard?
Does he go to bed at 9pm just incase someone swears after the watershed?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
Did have one once a while ago Wong man fuc kuw did ask the guy again he said Wong man fuc kuw so I put it in my PDA let him sign and pissed my self laughing as I went a way.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
k979aaa wrote:Did have one once a while ago Wong man fuc kuw did ask the guy again he said Wong man fuc kuw so I put it in my PDA let him sign and pissed my self laughing as I went a way.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio