ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Height Discrimination?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
jmcbmth
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Apr 2012, 16:52
Gender: Female

Re: Height Discrimination?

Post by jmcbmth »

fishtank wrote:
jmcbmth wrote:Oh dear! Looks like my training went out the window on about week 3 by that guide! Thanks for providing that.
Well i do know a case of an employee who management tried to get rid of at the end of their trial period only to find out they couldn't because they had failed to follow their own training guidelines and had no 13 week review documentation.
If i remember correctly the manager tried to fake the review after the fact and almost lost his own job in the process.
That is very useful information. At least now i have something in my favour should they try and be difficult at the end of my trial. Many thanks for that!
jmcbmth
Posts: 8
Joined: 10 Apr 2012, 16:52
Gender: Female

Re: Height Discrimination?

Post by jmcbmth »

monkeymutha wrote:When you overrun are you getting paid for the extra work you are doing?
Yes, but they lock the overtime forms in the office at 3pm so if i am late back (which i often am) i have to try an remember the next morning to fill them in.... I have lost countless hours pay from this. I managed to get most of them in backpay after frequently complaining about it though.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Height Discrimination?

Post by monkeymutha »

Make a note of it on ure phone or summit. Make sure you do it in the morning, that's normal anyway unless they say otherwise. Make sure you check your overtime against whats on ure payslip as they have a tendancy to screw you over.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Height Discrimination?

Post by TeeferTiger »

I used to have the same problem. I had a round that when it was time for my 1 in 6, the reserve used to book the week off if he could so he didn't have to do it... I'm the same height as you and this round was all hills. The previous guy used to practically race around, take shortcuts etc. I didn't take shortcuts because a) I knew RM wouldn't back me if I injured myself by not using the correct delivery methods and b) I wasn't tall enough to climb over the stuff the other guys could :sad:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?