ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prankster
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prankster
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/loc ... ranksters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A WORCESTER postman has spoken of his shock when he discovered a letter in his bag addressed to a Mr F *** Off.
Douglas Nicholls was doing his rounds in Hallow when the large letter appeared.
The experienced postman delivered the letter but couldn’t stop thinking about the offensive language.
The 53-year-old, of Warndon Villages in Worcester, said: “I couldn’t believe it when I saw the address. Even after 32 years working as postman I have never had anything like this.”
Inside the offensive envelope was a promotional Olympic Scrapbook sent out by the Times and Sunday Times.
Mr Nicholls said: “I delivered it at about noon on Friday. But afterwards I started thinking about it and felt even more offended.”
He returned to the house and spoke to the woman living there, who does not wish to be named.
“She told me she had thrown it away as she didn’t order it,” he said. “I asked if I could have it and she got it for me. I was very offended because I never swear. I have been brought up not to swear.”
When Mr Nicholls took his children to see Meet the Fockers he said he couldn’t even say the name of the film.
“I had to call it ‘meet the parents’,” he said. “If I had said the name of the film I would have had to pay my kids £5. That is why it shocked me so much.”
It is thought the rude name made it through the system because the prankster who input the name included a space between the first two letters of the offending word.
A Times and Sunday Times spokesman said: “While we have screening processes in place to ensure offensive language is not used in mailings, it was not picked up in this case because of the letter spacing used in the name.
“We apologise for any upset caused, and we are investigating ways to avoid this situation from occurring in the future.”
A WORCESTER postman has spoken of his shock when he discovered a letter in his bag addressed to a Mr F *** Off.
Douglas Nicholls was doing his rounds in Hallow when the large letter appeared.
The experienced postman delivered the letter but couldn’t stop thinking about the offensive language.
The 53-year-old, of Warndon Villages in Worcester, said: “I couldn’t believe it when I saw the address. Even after 32 years working as postman I have never had anything like this.”
Inside the offensive envelope was a promotional Olympic Scrapbook sent out by the Times and Sunday Times.
Mr Nicholls said: “I delivered it at about noon on Friday. But afterwards I started thinking about it and felt even more offended.”
He returned to the house and spoke to the woman living there, who does not wish to be named.
“She told me she had thrown it away as she didn’t order it,” he said. “I asked if I could have it and she got it for me. I was very offended because I never swear. I have been brought up not to swear.”
When Mr Nicholls took his children to see Meet the Fockers he said he couldn’t even say the name of the film.
“I had to call it ‘meet the parents’,” he said. “If I had said the name of the film I would have had to pay my kids £5. That is why it shocked me so much.”
It is thought the rude name made it through the system because the prankster who input the name included a space between the first two letters of the offending word.
A Times and Sunday Times spokesman said: “While we have screening processes in place to ensure offensive language is not used in mailings, it was not picked up in this case because of the letter spacing used in the name.
“We apologise for any upset caused, and we are investigating ways to avoid this situation from occurring in the future.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
"He returned to the house and spoke to the woman living there, who does not wish to be named." - surely she's Mrs Kcuf Off
If that's the biggest problem Mr Nicholls has working as a postman he's not doing at all badly.
Occasionally I have to deliver postcards of half naked young women, but I refrain from complaining about how offended I am.
If that's the biggest problem Mr Nicholls has working as a postman he's not doing at all badly.
Occasionally I have to deliver postcards of half naked young women, but I refrain from complaining about how offended I am.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
He must spend all day every day being offended about something or another! What an absolute non story lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
he should be used to those colourful languages at work.
-
FairyFoot
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
- Gender: Female
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
I know there are some interesting surnames out there. I went to school with someone with the surname Pratt (and then there is a tea brand called Pratts, which I actually sent from Belfast to a friend in London about 15 years ago... I believe it may have been x-rayed or examined...)
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
FairyFoot wrote:I know there are some interesting surnames out there. I went to school with someone with the surname Pratt (and then there is a tea brand called Pratts, which I actually sent from Belfast to a friend in London about 15 years ago... I believe it may have been x-rayed or examined...)
I remember pratts tea, nice I liked it:

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
FairyFoot
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 08 Jun 2012, 12:38
- Gender: Female
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
My friend also thought it was nice!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:FairyFoot wrote:I know there are some interesting surnames out there. I went to school with someone with the surname Pratt (and then there is a tea brand called Pratts, which I actually sent from Belfast to a friend in London about 15 years ago... I believe it may have been x-rayed or examined...)
I remember pratts tea, nice I liked it:
I am a Postcrosser, and penpaller. I send nice post.
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Postie cries foul over language of Times newspaper prank
The comments section of the paper shows that its readers think its a non story too.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
JP1
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 23 Aug 2011, 23:49
- Gender: Male
swear words on post
Have you ever came across swear words or anything 'offensive' on the mail you deliver.
If you have, did you think about telling the local paper? No? This man did...
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/987 ... s/?ref=twt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you have, did you think about telling the local paper? No? This man did...
http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/987 ... s/?ref=twt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: swear words on post
The experienced postman delivered the letter but...
He has left his van unlocked....
He has left his van unlocked....
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
What a loser,Just wanting his 5 minutes of fame.
Am i to believe this toad works in an office where nobody swears?
I find this absolutely ridiculous,What does he do if he gets a rude postcard?
Does he go to bed at 9pm just incase someone swears after the watershed?
Am i to believe this toad works in an office where nobody swears?
I find this absolutely ridiculous,What does he do if he gets a rude postcard?
Does he go to bed at 9pm just incase someone swears after the watershed?
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
i never read enough of the address to get to the name bit,,, number and road name is as far as i get
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: swear words on post
Theghost wrote: Does he go to bed at 9pm just incase someone swears after the watershed?
Oi!
I usually go to bed around 9pm!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
http://www.youswear.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: swear words on post
Yep I used all those today.fishtank wrote:http://www.youswear.com/