ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold postbox
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold postbox
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at- ... -1-4824179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A MAN who painted a postbox gold in the village where triathlete Alistair Brownlee lives has slammed the Royal Mail after they re-painted it.
After seeing the Brownlee boys bring home a gold and bronze, 82-year-old Peter Moran decided to paint the postbox outside his home in Bramhope, Leeds, which is on the same road as Alistair and Jonny’s house.
The Royal Mail had already decided to paint a postbox in nearby Horsforth, where the boys were brought up, leading to dismay among Bramhope residents.
Mr Moran said: “When I watched what they went through to get the medal I thought I’ve got to do something to celebrate this. I had an old pot of gold paint in the garage and I thought it would look really good.
“Loads of people have been stopping and having their pictures taken by it – it’s been great but if I’d have had even one complaint I would have painted it back red.
“To be honest Royal Mail have saved me a job as I was going to paint it back myself. I just think they could have waited until after the Olympics, it wasn’t doing any harm.
“The box shouldn’t have been painted in Horsforth anyway, they don’t live in Horsforth – it’s miles away and would take you 10 minutes to get there.
“I thought the games were meant to be about everyone. It doesn’t get much more local than this.
“Not many people use this postbox but the ones who do were enjoying it.”
A MAN who painted a postbox gold in the village where triathlete Alistair Brownlee lives has slammed the Royal Mail after they re-painted it.
After seeing the Brownlee boys bring home a gold and bronze, 82-year-old Peter Moran decided to paint the postbox outside his home in Bramhope, Leeds, which is on the same road as Alistair and Jonny’s house.
The Royal Mail had already decided to paint a postbox in nearby Horsforth, where the boys were brought up, leading to dismay among Bramhope residents.
Mr Moran said: “When I watched what they went through to get the medal I thought I’ve got to do something to celebrate this. I had an old pot of gold paint in the garage and I thought it would look really good.
“Loads of people have been stopping and having their pictures taken by it – it’s been great but if I’d have had even one complaint I would have painted it back red.
“To be honest Royal Mail have saved me a job as I was going to paint it back myself. I just think they could have waited until after the Olympics, it wasn’t doing any harm.
“The box shouldn’t have been painted in Horsforth anyway, they don’t live in Horsforth – it’s miles away and would take you 10 minutes to get there.
“I thought the games were meant to be about everyone. It doesn’t get much more local than this.
“Not many people use this postbox but the ones who do were enjoying it.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
So would this bloke be happy if we decided to paint his house bright pink or something? The postbox is not his property so he should not have painted it
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
People are now going hungry in this country, and that idiot's only concern is about a lousy post box being painted gold. 
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
leave the bloke alone uncalled forebbzie wrote:So would this bloke be happy if we decided to paint his house bright pink or something? The postbox is not his property so he should not have painted it
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
No, im going round his house to paint it pink with yellow dotsbringon4dayweeks wrote:leave the bloke alone uncalled forebbzie wrote:So would this bloke be happy if we decided to paint his house bright pink or something? The postbox is not his property so he should not have painted it
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
Wow that was fast ebbzieebbzie wrote:No, im going round his house to paint it pink with yellow dotsbringon4dayweeks wrote:leave the bloke alone uncalled forebbzie wrote:So would this bloke be happy if we decided to paint his house bright pink or something? The postbox is not his property so he should not have painted it
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
your head needs painting pink he was being patrioticebbzie wrote:No, im going round his house to paint it pink with yellow dotsbringon4dayweeks wrote:leave the bloke alone uncalled forebbzie wrote:So would this bloke be happy if we decided to paint his house bright pink or something? The postbox is not his property so he should not have painted it
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16702
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
Define patriotism - and then explain how vandalising a postbox is patriotic.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
the people on this website piss me off w*****sclashcityrocker wrote:Define patriotism - and then explain how vandalising a postbox is patriotic.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
ban me ive had enough of you trolls and do gooders true blue aint a postie hes home early to much
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16702
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
Very constructive and probably very patriotic too.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
i doubt your are i think your UNIONclashcityrocker wrote:Very constructive and probably very patriotic too.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16702
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
Have you had a few too many shandies?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
no true blue is posting too many times when posties are at work unless he is on a duty from 1992clashcityrocker wrote:Have you had a few too many shandies?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Villagers see red after Royal Mail paints over gold post
Days off, leave, internet cafe, Internet capable phone - take your pick. Also could be Family Friendly or work patterns, I rarely post after 7pm, ever wondered why.bringon4dayweeks wrote:no true blue is posting too many times when posties are at work unless he is on a duty from 1992clashcityrocker wrote:Have you had a few too many shandies?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.