ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Royal Mail missed out here

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

The Royal Mail missed out here

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Royal-Ma ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



IT seems to me that Royal Mail may have missed a good selling point.

They could have made a good profit.

I tried to buy some Olympic postage stamps at my local post office in Winterbourne at 4pm today only to be informed they had a waiting list of 40 people wanting to buy some.

But they were only issued with six sets of the six souvenir stamps so they were unable to supply.

At 80p for only one first class stamp, the Royal Mail could have made a huge profit.

At 6 x 80p for each set souvenir stamps they would have made a huge profit.

The Olympics have been so successful I wonder if they might be persuaded to print some more. I do hope so.

I am now 81 but when I was in my teens I enjoyed working in the Evening Post editorial department in Silver Street.

They were such happy carefree days.

Pauline Maxted

Winterbourne
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: The Royal Mail missed out here

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"At 80p for only one first class stamp, the Royal Mail could have made a huge profit.
At 6 x 80p for each set souvenir stamps they would have made a huge profit." :shock:
Winterbourne Post Office must indeed be making a hugh profit selling stamps at 20p more than anywhere else. :crazy: