I tought I understood P&L. Maybe i don't understand RMeastie wrote:Where do I put my 12 bags for my delivery then ??argyllflyer wrote:Thought you said you had park and loop? Shouldn't be any bag drops noweastie wrote: Give bag drops asap
The driver has my bags in our van and when I finish my 2 bags on my trolley I ring him for the next ones, as there are fields on one side of the road none of our loops start or finish at the same point .
More like park and straight line
example.
My driver has 100 calls on his 1st bag and then delivers all the large packets for his and my 1st bags whilst I have approx 200 calls.
As he always finishes15 mins before me most days he decides to thin out his other bags and delivers them and waits until he is pranked by me sitting in his van eating sandwiches before he brings my next bag
This then makes his (drivers) next bag even lighter and quicker to deliver and this carries on rather than dropping my next bag off to me as he knows I am nearly finished.
I must lose 5 minutes per bag waiting for my 8 drops so that is 40 minutes and whilst I am waiting he is delivering packets or delivering parts of his later loops.
When I do the driver part of my round on occasions I work as a team and easily finish on time helping the walker when I can but the driver I have at the moment is just taking the p*ss . The DOM knows whats going on but as the driver is the Health and Safety rep so lets him get away with it.
To me P&L is about two in a van. You get to a point and you both get out and LOOP back to the van.
Why is there a designated driver? Unless of course one person cannot drive
Surely you share the duty?