Just wondering what I'm expected to do on a 20 hour contract with 3.5 hour deliveries? Most of the mail is put in usually along with re-directions, just a few mis-sorts to do. I usually have to bundle up my own mail.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
Speedmeister wrote:Just wondering what I'm expected to do on a 20 hour contract with 3.5 hour deliveries? Most of the mail is put in usually along with re-directions, just a few mis-sorts to do. I usually have to bundle up my own mail.
How many hours do you work each day?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
He's entitled to 20mins meal relief,travelling time out and possibly back.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
clashcityrocker wrote:Depending on where the walk is located in relation to the DO but
30 minutes tie down
15 minutes conveyance
3hr 30 delivery
15 minutes pouching off
30 minute meal relief.
If you are being asked to tie down the delivery - my guess is you should have a 25hr contract.
5hr day. 5 days a week.
Thanks, is this an official Royal Mail working practice? That's one of the big problems of working for Royal Mail - none of the managers tell you anything.
What can I do about it? If I go over my 4 hours I claim the overtime but sometimes I don't get paid it. Maybe I should just turn up for work 4 days a week.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
Speed you are entitled to 20mins meal relief on a 4 hr day,between 10-15 mins to be taken to your walk,and possibly the same to come back or around 10ish mins for pouching off.
The 20mins is a national agreement,the 10-15 mins would be a local agreement and the 10ish mins pouching off again another national agreement.
I would guess that you are fairly new to the job and on a rolling (i've got you by the balls sonny) contract in which case if your rep is not a gooden you are f****d.
See your rep and point out your problems to him/her.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
POSTMAN wrote:Speed you are entitled to 20mins meal relief on a 4 hr day,between 10-15 mins to be taken to your walk,and possibly the same to come back or around 10ish mins for pouching off.
The 20mins is a national agreement,the 10-15 mins would be a local agreement and the 10ish mins pouching off again another national agreement.
I would guess that you are fairly new to the job and on a rolling (i've got you by the balls sonny) contract in which case if your rep is not a gooden you are f****d.
See your rep and point out your problems to him/her.
Well I've been working for them for 1 year and nearly 8 months and in that time no-one has actually said I was entitled to the 20 mins meal relief. I just assumed as I was working for 4 hours I wouldn't be entitled to one. I'm not sure what the law on this is - I thought it was a break after 6 hours. Yep I'm on a 3 month rolling contract due for renewal in September.
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
POSTMAN wrote:Speed you are entitled to 20mins meal relief on a 4 hr day,between 10-15 mins to be taken to your walk,and possibly the same to come back or around 10ish mins for pouching off.
The 20mins is a national agreement,the 10-15 mins would be a local agreement and the 10ish mins pouching off again another national agreement.
I would guess that you are fairly new to the job and on a rolling (i've got you by the balls sonny) contract in which case if your rep is not a gooden you are f****d.
See your rep and point out your problems to him/her.
Well I've been working for them for 1 year and nearly 8 months and in that time no-one has actually said I was entitled to the 20 mins meal relief. I just assumed as I was working for 4 hours I wouldn't be entitled to one. I'm not sure what the law on this is - I thought it was a break after 6 hours. Yep I'm on a 3 month rolling contract due for renewal in September.
Link from the way forward,i think you are owed a few quid,could be interesting if you've got the balls.
If memory serves me right,someone else had this a while back,can't remember the outcome though.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Speedmeister wrote:Well I've been working for them for 1 year and nearly 8 months and in that time no-one has actually said I was entitled to the 20 mins meal relief. I just assumed as I was working for 4 hours I wouldn't be entitled to one. I'm not sure what the law on this is - I thought it was a break after 6 hours. Yep I'm on a 3 month rolling contract due for renewal in September.
You are correct in that the law does not entitle you to any break on a 4 hour shift, however Royal Mail's policy as per The Way Forward Agreement is that you are entitled to 20 mins.
POSTMAN wrote:Speed you are entitled to 20mins meal relief on a 4 hr day,between 10-15 mins to be taken to your walk,and possibly the same to come back or around 10ish mins for pouching off.
The 20mins is a national agreement,the 10-15 mins would be a local agreement and the 10ish mins pouching off again another national agreement.
I would guess that you are fairly new to the job and on a rolling (i've got you by the balls sonny) contract in which case if your rep is not a gooden you are f****d.
See your rep and point out your problems to him/her.
Well I've been working for them for 1 year and nearly 8 months and in that time no-one has actually said I was entitled to the 20 mins meal relief. I just assumed as I was working for 4 hours I wouldn't be entitled to one. I'm not sure what the law on this is - I thought it was a break after 6 hours. Yep I'm on a 3 month rolling contract due for renewal in September.
Link from the way forward,i think you are owed a few quid,could be interesting if you've got the balls.
If memory serves me right,someone else had this a while back,can't remember the outcome though.
A quick calculation reveals it's quite a few quid, but how would I go about claiming it?
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
Speedmeister wrote:
A quick calculation reveals it's quite a few quid, but how would I go about claiming it?
You are going to have to prove/show 2 things.
1.That you have never been informed that you were entitled to 20mins paid meal relief.
2.That any hours you did work or any overtime you claimed did not include a paid meal relief.
It will not be easy because you may need to build a case against both your manager and whoever trained you if anyone did actually train you.
You will need the support of your rep and most likely your branch and it will be a long and possibly fruitless journey.
Sorry to sound pessimistic but it is a tough one to win.