ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals low

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by glenfiddich »

i'm not against anyone claiming anything just seems to be a few too many claiming they cant walk and such then going off for a round of golf and it makes me laugh when doleys complain that they have to sign on punctually once a fortnight i'd make them work for their dole by attending daily and putting in an hours litter picking or some such task i also think criminals should work too bring on the chain gangs
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by fishtank »

glenfiddich wrote:i'd make them work for their dole by attending daily and putting in an hours litter picking or some such task i also think criminals should work too bring on the chain gangs
Whose job are they having...yours?
In case you hadn't noticed there's a bit of a shortage.
Nothing like a bit of free labour to keep wage inflation down though,i'm surprised the tories haven't thought of it to replace all them public service jobs...
Wait a minute...they have. :cuppa

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... NTCMP=SRCH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
pokos27
Posts: 657
Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by pokos27 »

atos will allow you to get ill health retirement, but they will then say you are fit for work in the assessment, strange organisation, good to see them being exposed.
maybe they can do a prog on dsa as well.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by Pat Ostman »

glenfiddich,

The problem with any Government is they will wind the workers up about paying tax to 'scroungers', even though it is only a tiny proportion of claimants. That does most of the PR work for them as they have the workers on their side.

Do not fall for it and you might need the benefits yourself one day.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by DirtyHarry »

glenfiddich wrote:i'm not against anyone claiming anything just seems to be a few too many claiming they cant walk and such then going off for a round of golf and it makes me laugh when doleys complain that they have to sign on punctually once a fortnight i'd make them work for their dole by attending daily and putting in an hours litter picking or some such task i also think criminals should work too bring on the chain gangs
Not very well thought out. :roll:
Employers the length and breadth of Britain, simply dream about paying their workers as little as possible.
Logically, people shouldn't be doing work for their dole money, they shouldn't be on the dole, they should be doing the work for a decent wage under proper employment conditions.
Christ almighty!! What need have we of Dickensian Tories, when we have colleagues like you. :roll:
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by stokes11eg »

Well, watched Panorama. Last year between January and August,32 people a week died after been declared fit for work by ATOS,
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by DirtyHarry »

stokes11eg wrote:Well, watched Panorama. Last year between January and August,32 people a week died after been declared fit for work by ATOS,
Too high a price to pay, just to catch a few who are cheating the system.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by fishtank »

DirtyHarry wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, watched Panorama. Last year between January and August,32 people a week died after been declared fit for work by ATOS,
Too high a price to pay, just to catch a few who are cheating the system.
As we all know Harry they're not really interested in catching the cheats,catching cheats is difficult because the cheats know the system inside out and it usually involves expensive legal costs.
It's far more cost effective just to keep upping the threshold and condemning another chunk of society into poverty and humiliation.
Eventually you will need a death certificate to claim any kind of disability benefit.
The cheats will of course be able to get their hands on a forged one and continue to claim,the genuine cases will be shown the door.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
cliffeyhez
Posts: 98
Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 04:07
Gender: Male

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by cliffeyhez »

The reason I work one day a week for Royal Mail is that twice Atos has deemed me fit for work.
I have Leukemia, and I'm receiving Chemotherapy, and I have a very uncertain prognosis.
It takes me three days to recover from my one shift.
Atos know this but always come to the same decision, they also know that I can't claim unemployment benefit due to my illness.
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I've taken the case right through to the tribunal stage, but the judges take the Atos line.
The whole system is corrupt and morally bankrupt, and needs to be totally re-evaluated. :dcfo :ncfo .
I loathe and detest Atos and this vile government who use them.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by justdeno »

Atos are so wrong when they send people to work like Cliffeyhez, and my neighbours waltz around, in a Jag, 4 WD, caravan, he says he can't work cos of broken neck. I have a problem as he climbs on top of caravan with the jet wash, even I would struggle, I could rant bout them and other lowlifes who have made it bad for the genuine people, hope some of the Atosser's get ill then they will find the truth, unless you know how to work the system.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by DirtyHarry »

fishtank wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:Well, watched Panorama. Last year between January and August,32 people a week died after been declared fit for work by ATOS,
Too high a price to pay, just to catch a few who are cheating the system.
As we all know Harry they're not really interested in catching the cheats,catching cheats is difficult because the cheats know the system inside out and it usually involves expensive legal costs.
It's far more cost effective just to keep upping the threshold and condemning another chunk of society into poverty and humiliation.
Eventually you will need a death certificate to claim any kind of disability benefit.
The cheats will of course be able to get their hands on a forged one and continue to claim,the genuine cases will be shown the door.
Indeed, fish.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by DirtyHarry »

cliffeyhez wrote:The reason I work one day a week for Royal Mail is that twice Atos has deemed me fit for work.
I have Leukemia, and I'm receiving Chemotherapy, and I have a very uncertain prognosis.
It takes me three days to recover from my one shift.
Atos know this but always come to the same decision, they also know that I can't claim unemployment benefit due to my illness.
I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I've taken the case right through to the tribunal stage, but the judges take the Atos line.
The whole system is corrupt and morally bankrupt, and needs to be totally re-evaluated. :dcfo :ncfo .
I loathe and detest Atos and this vile government who use them.
It's cases like cliffeyhez's, that makes me yearn for equality for all, that is so obviously lacking in modern Britain.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by TeeferTiger »

glenfiddich wrote:enlighten me then how do you stop the false claims as i know of people who are trying to get on disability as a way to get jobseekers off their back so they can slob at home watching jeremy kyle
I don't have a TV, and I certainly wouldn't want to watch Jeremy Kyle.

I would also love to work, but you tell me of an employer who would want to hire someone who can't tell them from morning to afternoon if they would be able to attend work or not, can't lift or carry, can't bend down, can't sit or stand for too long, gets confused and anxious etc etc etc.

And yet I don't qualify for DLA because I can walk, albeit painfully and not far. I also don't get ESA because I've been on it for 365 days-obviously I must become miraculously better from this chronic neurological and musculo skeletal disease after that time and therefore no longer need support? It took 10.5 months for me to get to win my ESA tribunal, only to be told 2 days later they were taking it off me because the 365 days was up thanks to new legislation.

Anyway, my point is, don't tar everyone with the same brush. Just because we're on benefits, doesn't make us scroungers. And I bet some of these people you know shouldn't even be on job seekers as they're not well enough to work, but it's the only way to get some money coming in.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by TeeferTiger »

Oh, and RM Atos told me I wasn't fit for work, 2 days later DWP Atos told me I was... well if I was, I wouldn't have been off sick, would I?! At the time, I was told I had Trigeminal Neuralgia aka the suicide disease. But because I can put something in my top pocket, hang my coat up and move a cereal box, I'm fit for work.

I think they basically claim that every disabled person could sit on a check out... how many check outs are there across the UK and what happens to all the able bodied people who currently work on them? And what if we want something more for ourselves than sitting on a check out? The Equality Act isn't worth the paper it's written on at the moment when employers can have their pick of people to choose from. They're certainly not choosing disabled people anymore than they have to to meet quotas.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32803
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos assessors told to keep disability benefit approvals

Post by POSTMAN »

Any updates on this story,they have a lot of evidence,so....
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.