ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Packets handed back

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Packets handed back

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

ebbzie wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:This happened to me once. The driver, who also took out my bags, left the packet in one of my drop boxes. I delivered it - which meant that I had to come back to the box for it once I had enough space in my pouch - but I told the driver next day that it wouldn't be happening again. Next time I'd leave the packet in the box and just notify my manager that it was there. Wouldn't be me getting done for wilful delay.
As good as a threat
I'm still having a problem finding your IN QUOTATION MARKS QUOTE "i will get him done for wilful delay". If you seriously think that what I said by way of speculation constitutes a threat then I'll just assume that you're not too bright and, rather than waste any more time, I'll draw a line under this conversation and leave you to carry on making life as hard for your colleagues as you can.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Packets handed back

Post by BingBong »

Anonymouse wrote:On Thursday I had 2 packets for the same address that were not huge but bulky enough to not fit in the bag with other mail/packets.
I asked the manager to get them on the van and he agreed and signed them over.

I came back after completing the walk to find the 2 packets back on my frame. The managers were away so i couldn't question it.
I mentioned it today because they wouldn't fit in the bag with todays mail either.
(The guy who signed them yesterday was off so the other one signed it and put it for the vans.)

Anyway, i went back today and they were on my frame again. How can they keep delaying the delivery of these? If i had done that i'd surely get done for wilfull delay? :crazy:

Don't think i'll take them tomorrow even if there is space.
This happens to me alot. Now I just say ok ill take it. Just means I end up having more bag drops for the driver as I cant get much in my bags. Also cut off alot of the time too. Especially if the driver is on a late turn. Then he ends up doing the packets and my mail =D
Toon Army!