ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Treated with suspicion

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bossyb
Posts: 41
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 08:38
Gender: Male

Re: Treated with suspicion

Post by bossyb »

pinstripe wrote:"Sign here"
"Where"
"Here"
"What?"
"Your name"
"Why?"
"So I can deliver your package"
"What?"
"This"
"What is it?"
"A package"
"Who from?"
"I have no idea, can you just sign here"
"Where"
"Here"
"What?"
"Your name"
"Why?"
And when they finally do decide its ok they print and sign in the wrong bloody boxes
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Treated with suspicion

Post by justdeno »

Sherpas Rule wrote:
postypie wrote:Been there mate....one of our business customers receptionists checks every single letter and packet(signed stuff too) before she decides to let you go...the first time i took the mail up to this place on the top floor of a huge office block...i handed the mail over(and packets)...went to walk out and at the top of her voice she shouted...YOU DO NOT GO UNTIL I SAY SO.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: this shocked me,but i kept smiling...it took her around a couple of minutes to check everything...then she said to me..YOU CAN LEAVE NOW....now i know why our drivers never take mail or packets up to this persons office lol.
:funneh I'd have been straight out the door with that attitude!
I would had ignored her, if she had a problem I would had said I work for RM not you, so shove it.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Treated with suspicion

Post by NWpostie »

Lazycarton wrote:Ah yea, the "you're trying to break my door down" comment when they have got no door bell (or you can't hear it, so it is probably f****d), a normal knuckle rap gets no response, side of the fist = same, back of the heel with door frame rattling normally gets them :Very Happy.

I had a pregnant woman scream at me when I first started, accused me of SAS tactics. When she calmed down I managed to get her to take the slip to sign. When she looked at the letter she said "it's not for me anyway"......she was right! As I was new I hadn't realised that there was a lodge and a cottage with the same name........slinked quietly away...... :oops:

Incidentally, why is it that the most expensive houses never have a door bell. Too important to be troubled by "riff-raff" at the door?

The ones with pretensions of "class" tend to have names and no numbers.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Treated with suspicion

Post by postypie »

justdeno wrote:
Sherpas Rule wrote:
postypie wrote:Been there mate....one of our business customers receptionists checks every single letter and packet(signed stuff too) before she decides to let you go...the first time i took the mail up to this place on the top floor of a huge office block...i handed the mail over(and packets)...went to walk out and at the top of her voice she shouted...YOU DO NOT GO UNTIL I SAY SO.. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: this shocked me,but i kept smiling...it took her around a couple of minutes to check everything...then she said to me..YOU CAN LEAVE NOW....now i know why our drivers never take mail or packets up to this persons office lol.
:funneh I'd have been straight out the door with that attitude!
I would had ignored her, if she had a problem I would had said I work for RM not you, so shove it.

To be honest..being my first day on this duty...i was warned about this lady by the driver(who won't take anything up to her..instead leaving all items with the concierge)..but i think the main reason i was tolerant of her outright rudeness and plain bad manners(and stood there smiling)....erm..i don't know how to put this.......mmm..well she has huge boobies..and always wears the lowest of tops(super low)..thus softening the blow of her manners! :oops: :oops: :oops: ..i know..what a tit i am! :oops: :oops: