http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-eveni ... -1-2436509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EDINBURGH South MP Ian Murray showed he could deliver when he joined a postman on his morning round.
The shadow minister for postal affairs tagged along with Michael Lunn.
Mr Murray said: “I wanted to get a real understanding of the work that goes into delivering the mail. There can be no better way of getting that insight than going out and doing the job alongside a delivery postman. I was pleased to join Michael, who’s been delivering the mail in south Edinburgh for 14 years.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP follows his postie to the letter
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72741
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP follows his postie to the letter
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
pekeroon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
- Gender: Female
Re: MP follows his postie to the letter
It must have been a tuesday he went on delivery
No mention that he was knackered at the end of it
No mention that he was knackered at the end of it
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3352
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: MP follows his postie to the letter
I can just see it now, standing on the pavement watching Michael go up each path (allegedly). And "morning round"? Is this a P&L duty that lives up to the famous "or possibly earlier" claim? 
The machine stops.
-
cheffie
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 25 Dec 2011, 19:45
- Gender: Male
Re: MP follows his postie to the letter
Hope he didnt claim for overtime