ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Erith's boxing postman from Lewisham claims knockout record

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Erith's boxing postman from Lewisham claims knockout record

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/98355 ... ut_record/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A POSTMAN has boxed his way to the top after knocking out his undefeated opponent in record-breaking time.

Craig Edwards, 26, who was competing in his first professional boxing match, floored previous title-holder Stuart Potasnick in just 33 seconds.

He is now the Independent Boxing Association Middleweight Champion for London after his win in the first round.

Mr Edwards, of Alanthus Close, Lewisham, said: "I couldn’t believe my first professional fight was to challenge someone who hadn’t lost in 13 matches. I went in as the underdog and came out on top.

"After the fight, everyone wanted to know who I was and where I came from because no one was expecting me to win. It’s all pretty surreal."

However, by day, Mr Edwards works in the Royal Mail delivery office in Erith.

He added: "I studied graphic design at university, but when I graduated, I couldn’t find a job in that area. When my daughter was born, I needed to find a job to support my family, and joined the Royal Mail.

"I’m hoping to get a job in graphic design one day. I need something to fall back on."

However, Mr Edwards had a setback in his boxing career after an injury prevented him from taking part in trials for Team GB at the Olympics.

He said: "I was absolutely gutted about the Olympics, it would’ve been an amazing thing to be a part of, but this has been incredible as well.

"Everyone at work has been really supportive. People have been great and wishing me the best for my fights."

It is not yet known when Mr Edwards will defend his title.

He added: "Everything’s gone so fast since I won, I haven’t had time to sit down and figure out what’s next for me, but the future is definitely looking bright."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Erith's boxing postman from Lewisham claims knockout rec

Post by fishtank »

He added: "I studied graphic design at university, but when I graduated, I couldn’t find a job in that area.
I wonder if he farts...or if anyone is brave enough to mention it when he does.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Erith 'Erbert
Posts: 16
Joined: 01 Dec 2010, 12:06
Gender: Male
Location: Erith, Kent. DA8

Re: Erith's boxing postman from Lewisham claims knockout rec

Post by Erith 'Erbert »

Craig doesn't fart. He's a gentleman! :wink: